Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest

Post  Namorax on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Well, here are my two-cents:
Reference-Chart::
0-2 ->Meh, thats just crap.
2-5 -> Work on it and it might become something interesting.
5-7 ->Nice to look at, but nothing special...
7-9 -> Looks great, are there more pictures?
9-10 -> A Must-Get-A-Copy Masterwork

Arcedemius:
#1 (7/10):
  • Your first pic is pretty interesting. I like that we can see a lot of different characters/classes, even though we dont know who's what. But I still like it.^^
#2 (8,5/10)
  • But your 2nd picture is really amazing: It looks like you really worked on it, and the person looks very realistic. Would you mind telling us who she is? I don't think that's Seoyoon, and Weeds Priest-friend has a more "happy-go-lucky" image in my mind. That would leave either Weeds Firemage-Friend (Ramuna?) or the female dancer who appear in the later volumes. But I think this must be Ramuna. She looks kinda magey and serene.
FlySly:
#1 (8/10):
  • A great picture. Its a pity you didnt have the time to clean up and put on the final touches. But you really captured Seoyoon in my opinion. A beautiful, young woman which isolated herself emotionally from the world around her. It's a really great work. If you ever finish this picture, I'll upgrade my review to 9/10!
Raem.Memiroa:
#1 (XX/10):
  • I already mentioned this, but I am NOT able to see this picture. I got the link by quoting your post and I copied the adress (http://i53.tinypic.com/24w4xsn.png) directly into my browser. It just loads and loads and loads and never finishes. Pity, since I am really curious to see what you drew.
klee:
#1 (6/10):
  • A good image of Seoyoon. It looks like you did draw the statue of Freya Weed made. Because in my opinion this Seoyoon doesnt look like she could slaugther her way through Monster-Mountain and back. But you got a very great aura of "divine" beauty. By the way, is that a mole on her nose or is that supposed to be a nostril?
yesyes600:
#1 (5/10):
  • I prefer your pencil version. The lineart one looks a little... strange to me. Seeing this caused me to imagine how Weed attack the Foxes screaming his peculiar Battle-Cry. Good Luck improving your Lineart!
SiguusaEcho:
#1 (6/10):
  • Hmm... how to say it? Maybe its because I'm me, or its because her face is cut off halfway... but instead of looking withdrawn she's looking kinda bored to me. But otherwise you did a great job with the coloring of your image. And its interesting to see a redhaired Seoyoon. The background also looks well done, even though you cant really see anything because its so blurry. Still a good work.
linnil:
#1-Uncolored (8/10):
  • You totally captured the way I imagine Seoyoons face! Simply for that I love this picture. The rest is your personal imagination, lets just say that I believe Seoyoon wears more metal and shows less cloth and skin. But I still have to admit that you drew the cloth very well.
#2-Colored (7/10):
  • You also picked a Redhaired Seoyoon, which is still kinda interesting. Seoyoon herself is looking very good, but the background puts everything out of wack for me, hence the lower points. You kinda notice that the background and Seoyoon are two seperate pics, even if the two of them should work very well together. And I have a question: Why did you choose Red to color Seoyoon?
gavi:
#1 (9/10):
  • Seeing this increased my Art-Stat by +3 Wink. So far the best submission and the one with the greatest chance of winning this contest. I especially like the way the shadows fall on weeds face, and I like the effect on the engraving knive. There's nothing else I can say, since the picture is really good. All in all its really great work.

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  evertosword on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:36 pm

@ Namorax What browser are you using? I don't think it's your Internet thats the problem.
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Kaladin
Class: Stormfather
Race: Alethi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:44 pm

MOD EDIT: Just because the artist's interpretation doesn't match your own doesn't mean it's wrong. This is a virtual reality game that's set in medieval times, so maybe the game automatically changes the characters to look more European so they fit with the setting. As mentioned before, give the artist the benefit of the doubt and assume he/she has already considered many options and chosen thoughtfully.
Spoiler:
Indeed, gavi's drawing is by far the best drawn... Just one problem though, it looks nothing like what I image Weed looking like. Remember, Hyun Lee did nothing to change his appearance when he created his Royal Road avatar and he is Korean. Do you know many blond haired, green eyed Koreans??? Just some constructive criticism gavi, you may want to modify your drawing just a bit to look like the actual character.

Mojo
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Tampopo
Class: Mage
Race: Wood Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  evertosword on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:25 pm

Looking at the pictures, I can't really remember how I imagined Weed :.(
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Well, I'm using Firefox (and it is the newest version).

I'm probably too influenced by the Commercial translation's illustrations (Weed being someone with short brown hair and dark eyes.) And I know what everyone else thinks of these illustrations, thankyouverymuch.

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodside on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:07 pm

MOD EDIT: Artistic interpretation.
Spoiler:
gavi amazing picture, but the only thing wrong is that his hair is black not blond ^^

Bloodside

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Very true, there are no blond Koreans.
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Musica
Class: Mage (but uses a sword)
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  linnil on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:30 pm

Namorax wrote:
linnil:
#1-Uncolored (8/10):
  • You totally captured the way I imagine Seoyoons face! Simply for that I love this picture. The rest is your personal imagination, lets just say that I believe Seoyoon wears more metal and shows less cloth and skin. But I still have to admit that you drew the cloth very well.
#2-Colored (7/10):
  • You also picked a Redhaired Seoyoon, which is still kinda interesting. Seoyoon herself is looking very good, but the background puts everything out of wack for me, hence the lower points. You kinda notice that the background and Seoyoon are two seperate pics, even if the two of them should work very well together. And I have a question: Why did you choose Red to color Seoyoon?

Hm... I think someone in this forum told me that seoyoon has red hair and red armor.
linnil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ACK I'M SORRY! X_x

Post  Raem.Memiroa on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:05 am

I have it on my deviantart: http://miku-mi.deviantart.com/art/Weed-253540618

I'm sorry it doesn't work >.< ... It works for me though... I can see the image fine..? :O

Oh and,

I read through all the old posts since I haven't been through the forums, the critique(?) makes sense.

I totally made him up from my mind, not really paying attention to much plot detail ahaha ^ ^;;
I should have read through the entirety of all the translated chapters so far for more info;;
When I heard the contest was out, I just went ahead in a craze to drawwwww~ LOL. My memory was all fuzzy hurhur.

But, I'll just leave it as it is for now.

... I wonder what pose/action would best represent Weed?

Last edited by Raem.Memiroa on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)
Raem.Memiroa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax on Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:29 am

Ok, thanks for the devuantart link^^ I'll update my post tomorrow and edit your entry, since I'm kinda busy right now and dont have the time.

As for the pose: Either he's carving/crafting something with his Engraving Knife, or he's running into battle with it.^^

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:07 am

Musica wrote:MOD EDIT: Please stop referring to parts of a picture as "problems" when everything you mention is artistic choice. At most, please phrase them as genuine questions, as opposed to rhetorical ones. And please understand that artist are allowed to have freedom in what they want to draw.

Spoiler:
Very nice work. However, there are a few problems that has to do with the clothes...

1. Why is Weed wearing goggles?
2. If he has the knife in his hand, why does he have another sheathed at his side?
3. Weed likes either cheap or powerful equipment, and those clothes don't look either one...
4. Why is there an aura coming out of the knife?
5. Why does he need to have anything sheathed at all? There is an inventory he can just take the weapons out and put back in whenever he wants...

Chibbi, you need to relax a little!
You make it sound like what gavi drew is blasphemy.
Dude, this is fan art, FAN ART, FAN ART
I like the picture and I'll try to answer your questions and contradict your statements.

Gavi, your good. It's clear that you have been drawing for a long time and you are very good at it, both with drawing and coloring.
Musica, if you look at the cover of all the LMS novels you will see Weed is wearing a head band, he is also blond and has long hair. This is very close to how I imagine Weed and I'm grateful to gavi for keeping it close to the authors tastes.
Spoiler:
About the goggles, Weed is a sculptor, it is not uncommon for sculptors to wear working goggles as when working with stone and ice, shards of it tend to fly all over the place and this can puncture one's skin and blind. Although I believe this was drawn more for the coolness aspect than the realistic one it hit the spot.

For the part of a knife in hand and a sword in the sheath, this is also very realistic. At medieval times, all men wore a belt knife, as it was an essential part of life. Even warriors and soldiers who carried swords and other weapons always had a simple knife on them. Whether for cutting food or rope, for carving things or even shaving a sword is uncomfortable and impractical. A sword is used for fighting while a knife is used for daily use.
If I misunderstood you and you are implying that he has 3 weapons on him, then let me correct you and state that the knife he is holding belongs to the leather knife sheath on his side.

The equipment he is wearing all look incredibly simple and except for the knife seem like newbie clothes.

About the knifes aura, if you pay attention it you will notice runes on it, it is a common knowledge that runes make equipment shine or have an aura.

About the inventory part, it seems you havn't been paying attntion to the novels. In Royal Road it takes time to take things in and out of the inventory, and when in the heat of battle it takes even longer. If you read chapter 3,4 and 5 of volume two, you will see that in a fight with a skeleton knight Weed is forced to evade because he can't equip the iron sword in he's inventory without the risk of loosing his life.

Musica, instead of always criticizing the work try to enjoy it. It doesn't have to be 100% true to the novel. Even if Weed is drawn as a some huge bodybuilder with a bushman beard and scars all over him, as long as the artist writes "Weed from LMS" as it's title, that is what he is. It is up to you if you want to imagine him like that or different.

Gavi, you work is magnificent and as many have said you are the clear winner for now. Still there is one problem with the drawing.
Spoiler:
How come although the lighting in the picture is daylight the sky is nighttime? I can understand the moonlight, as even during the day there are many occasions where the moon is visible. However there should be no stars. This is confusing and I suggest you either get rid of the stars or change the lighting to nighttime. If you do change it to nighttime don't forget to light the candle.

Edit:
Layren, your submission made me laugh so hard. It's timing is just perfect.
It's hard to critique abstract art, and although your is not entirely abstract it's great.

Musica, look at Layren's Weed...
A dark-elf, scared, green half mustached, blond/purple/black hair and black bearded with a ponytail together with long hair. Moreover, half Kirby cyborg with dragon eyes and blue eyelashes, he is still nonetheless Weed.
Layren stated this is Weed and as such it is. Who knows maybe Weed transformed into one of his statues, or is in a middle of some quest. He could be cursed or simply disguised. Yet you can't deny this is Weed. And he looks strong!
Spoiler:
If you could straighten the beard, the drawing would be perfect.

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ReddishWhite on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:22 am

I would have to disagree with those saying artistic interpretation to explain the lack of following some if not all of the traits we know about Weed.

Some basic things we know about Weed:
Male
Korean
Fit or muscular

He's a Korean guy who did intensive training in many different martial arts for a year to prepare for Royal Road. We also know that he didn't change any features when he made his character. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but he is supposed to be recognizable in real life to the people he met in game I think. Some more things we know is that he's stingy, not wanting to waste money on stuff like style and etc, so he's got a very basic haircut. This might have even been mentioned at some point, my memory's fuzzy. Based off this fact, he also likely does not dye his hair any color.

With just this, most people would picture a somewhat muscular, but not bodybuilder size Korean guy. Now, its perfectly possible that he's of mixed blood or something and therefore he's got blonde hair and blue eyes, but the fact that this isn't stated to my knowledge would imply that he IS just the average Korean dude.

Where am I getting at here? Well, you can draw a character however you like, but if the majority of people who've read the novel cannot recognize the Weed you drew when put in a crowd, then maybe you should rethink some details. When I say crowd, I don't mean any tricks or anything, I mean an average crowd you would see in game. I do NOT mean the crowd consisting of dwarves and orcs with Weed the human in the middle. I also don't mean Weed in the crowd and you recognizing him ONLY because of a very obvious sculpting knife.

So you CAN draw a skinny, dainty Weed. You can also draw a short-haired woman and call her Weed, and consider it artistic interpretation. Hell, a female interpretation of Weed would be pretty interesting. However, that doesn't make them the Weed of LMS. A line should be drawn SOMEWHERE at least for how far artistic interpretation can go before we can't really consider whatever is drawn Weed anymore.

I don't mean to sound rude or patronizing. Actually, maybe I do, not really sure at this point. I think there have been a number of great submissions so far, I'd just like artists to keep in mind the very basics of what we know about Weed.

A mod said "Just because the artist's interpretation doesn't match your own doesn't mean it's wrong." I agree. My interpretation of Weed of mainly of a guy that's in really great shape due to all the martial arts he's done. Someone else might focus more on the fact that he's poor. A third person might focus on his job as a sculptor and have him wearing gloves and begin all dirty. Maybe there are long, blonde-haired versions of Weed because the artist has long blonde hair. Maybe I imagine Weed as an Asian with short brown/black hair because I'm an Asian with short brown/black hair. Or maybe its because he's Korean.

ReddishWhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lareyn on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:19 am

For all we know that's what Koreans look like in that world... For all we know Weed isn't even Korean looking... The reason they don't describe people in books (not all of them), is to leave it up to the reader's imagination. So that every reader could imagine themselves their own character. Take a look at manga, do you see a lot of pink haired Asians in real life? What about green hair? Yet within that world itself, they're considered normal, are they not? Main characters can look outrageous and still be labeled "AVERAGE". My entry to this contest was drawn wrong in every aspect. I did not follow the lines, I did not even shade some of it. There's no sense of reality in it. It is what it is. Nothing more and a whole lot less. It was made specifically in response to the comments I saw on this forum. Oh and if you had seen the first one I drew... If my computer hadn't had a BSOD as I was laying down finishing touches you would have had a heart attack viewing the image. Luckily for you it did. So I decided to just scribble something else up. It was made to look wrong in every aspect. Yet even my picture can be interpreted in so many different ways.
The reason I stooped so low as to troll this contest with that kind of entry is because I was getting angrier with most of the comments left here.
Is it easy to critique artwork? Yes it is. Is art the soul of the artist? Yes it is. Are you slashing the artist's soul every time you post? Yes, you are.
These people put down hours of work and their best efforts to show how much they care about this project and to keep this contest going as well as encourage other people to participate. It takes tremendous amount of courage to post anything you made publicly. Even if it's made in paint, even if the person doesn't have the best art skills in the world. They put their hard work and effort in to it. And within one comment, you people are shooting all of that down. Are you not aware that words like these can put an end to an artist's career? I see a lot of talent in a lot of these entries, but I am honestly afraid that because of comments on this section of the forums they might not have the courage to post their work anymore. And I can guarantee a lot of other artists are not even joining because their art IS NOT APPRECIATED. It is not easy to draw, I challenge you to prove me otherwise. The art pieces before you aren't just about the half an hour or 10 hours of work you see in front of you. Artists draw in different speeds. It's about the years of practice and hard work that every artist must go through to get anywhere with their skill. Some progress faster, some slower. But it's all about perseverance, encouragement and continuous hard effort. That feeling that you're getting somewhere with your art, slowly building up your self-confidence.
Please respect artist's hard work and effort, appreciate their art. This is what I ask of you. And if you could maybe rethink what you're posting about 10 times and even then still consider it appropriate and encouraging, only then should you post.
Artist's dreams are easily crumbled. So many great talents give up because of low self-esteem. I've seen it plenty.
There are people who can handle critique, there are people who can not. I personally have stopped several drawings because someone had walked in and commented "oh that's ugly" I know exactly how it feels like to have your work bashed on, seen as I am an artist myself.
If you still think that you are superior to the artists and feel that you have the right to shoot down their imagination and skills, please. Post something of your own before you do so. And let us artists "critique" it. I'd like to see how you'll respond. And before posting something, please do put in all of your effort. Because that's what artists do.
There's difference between constructive criticism and plain bashing.
Let me show you an example, which one do you think is critique?

#1 Oh man this is buttugly, you should change it.
#2 This has a lot of potential! I think that if you draw the left eye a little bit to the right, it would be perfect. You can look up some tutorials on anatomy and perspective on deviantART, they might help you!
#3 Draw the eye a bit to the right, the way you have it now is wrong. You need to learn basic anatomy before you even post something.
#4 This is great! I see a great future ahead of you, keep up the good work!

Spot the difference? Tell me, which one would you rather see as a response to your hard work and effort?
Lareyn
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:37 am

Weed, blond, muscular and not Korean looking at all, yet still approved by the author!
This is a medieval setting, maybe Weed didn't change his appearance but the game could have still altered him to look more fitting for the setting of the game.

I agree that it is important to stay close to the novel, but it is not the most important thing. The only reason I got angry and posted what I did, was because instead of criticizing the drawing people were only criticizing the artist and how wrong his "Weed" was. You can mention that it doesn't portray Weed the way the novel does but it shouldn't be the focus of it.

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  evertosword on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 pm

What is this argument about? I've lost track. So much text. : S
What are the two sides? or Three?
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ReddishWhite on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:43 pm

evertosword wrote:What is this argument about? I've lost track. So much text. : S
What are the two sides? or Three?

I've only read this last page, but I think it's artistic interpretation, where each artist draws their own version of Weed vs sticking to the traits mentioned in the novels

ReddishWhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  luchianguyen on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:54 pm

it's been about 8 days since i signed up for an account. But i still can't submitt the picture because it says it has to be 7 days since i signed it for me to be able to. How do I work around this?

luchianguyen
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Luchia
Class: Priest
Race: Aquatic elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:53 pm

Since that was a lot to read, I'll try to keep my comments short.

Artistic interpretation can vary, not just within the art, but also with what they intend for the art. For example, maybe the artist just wants to draw how they envision Weed, to hell with the facts. Or maybe the artist just wants to have fun and draw Weed as a shoujo bishie.

What people are doing here is assuming the artists' aim is to draw a Weed that looks like how the facts portray him. While that's true in some cases, it's not true in many others. It's like criticizing a cartoon artist while assuming he was trying to draw realism.

The world of critique is a very dangerous place to play in; it's a hard thing to learn and understand. This is the reason that I, after drawing for over seven years, am still fearful of having to critique someone's work.

luchianguyen wrote:it's been about 8 days since i signed up for an account. But i still can't submitt the picture because it says it has to be 7 days since i signed it for me to be able to. How do I work around this?
Hmm, that's strange...I'll ask the boss about it next time I see her. I suggest (1) waiting longer and seeing if it'll eventually let you post it, (2) asking a mod or someone else to post it for you, (3) posting the image url in the title section of the post, which seems to work, and asking a mod to rearrange it into a proper post.
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elkin on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:21 am

Good grief, let's just keep things casual here...? This is beginning to feel like one of those threads where people argue about political correctness lol

Chugging along with the drawing, stuck at the legs... sigh.

elkin
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oishii on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:19 am

I want to join in the mayhem!!! XD

@Arcedemius
I really like your drawing style. The inking is very pleasing to look at and I like how their faces look. And instead of having them standing straight up, you tilted it which I find makes it more interesting. There's more energy to it, which makes since in the setting if he were in a bustling street. Someone earlier mentioned putting a horizon line, which would be helpful, but since there is no background it's fine as is.
I like your quick sketch even more. The face again, I just love how you drew her expression. And you do very good backgrounds. The detail on her wrist guard is a nice touch. I would love to see how you would color this ^^

@FlySly
I like the armor design in this. She has a nice profile and the wind blowing her hair out looks beautiful. The only problem I see is that her head may be slightly too big, or it might just be how her hair is.

@Raem.Memiroa
The colors in this a soft and beautiful. I really like how the animals look in this, especially the wolf. Two things that stand out that don't look right is his left shoulder looks a bit awkward and his left leg is probably too much at an angle away from him for it to be comfortable. Maybe. I'll have to try that position myself to see XD

@klee
I like your shading. It's very soft which can be hard to do with pencil. She looks very pretty. It looks like her chin goes to far out, or her neck is too far back. Maybe try looking at some pictures of a profile shot to see how the neck looks at that angle.

@yesyes600
I like his pose. He looks so fierce XD I would not want to be on the receiving end of that blow. The word looks very good in this. His left arm I think disappears under his right arm. Since he would be holding his arm closer to himself, it would bend downward more and we would be able to see that. Keep practicing drawing anatomy. You're getting very good at it.
And with the lineart, what program did you use? I notice all the lines aren't connected in places. You should try a program called PaintTool Sai which you can find a download for if you google it. It's very good for doing lineart and would fix that problem with the lines not connecting.

@SiguusaEcho
Her armor is sooooo beautiful x3 I envy people who can design stuff like that (because I suck at clothing XD). I read somewhere else that you were trying to make the light source behind her right? To do that, most of her front would be cast in shadow but the edges of her silhouette would have a strong light on them. Here's an example I remembered http://yuumei.deviantart.com/art/Fisheye-Placebo-Manasvi-205396859 I have another drawing I'm doing where the lighting is like this. So far I am failing at it XD *sigh*

@linnil
Very cool costume design. How you drew the cloth looks very good and fluid. The rich colors are nice as well. I would just suggest giving her a little more weight on her figure. She looks a bit unhealthy skinny. But if that's what you were going for as her character, that's cool too. Oh, and the sword looks sweet Wink

@gavi
I am in awe at how beautiful this is. I kind of want to push the character out of the picture and stare at the setting because it's so tranquil and lovely. The lighting is my favorite in this. Although the light and shadows are great, I'm confused at what time of day it is. There's a moon and stars, but the sky isn't that dark and there's a strong light source to the right. It's puzzling. But maybe it shouldn't be clear what time of day it should be. It's not a real world after all ^^ And his short knife (his sculpting knife?) looks really cool. I like how he has both those weapons on him. It gives an idea that he's a fighter.

@TheAntitheticalChiasm
Her outfit is so awesome. If reminds me of the Queen of Hearts somehow. Her pose looks a bit awkward. I know that 2 seconds after this photo she is going to fall backwards because her right leg shouldn't be bent forward (but maybe it looks like that just by how it was cropped at the waist). And he hand holding the dagger, I feel her grip should be stronger. It looks like it's falling out of her fingers. But the reverse hold on it is very cool.

@Lareyn
Luckily I'm not OCD XD I know why you drew this and I give you kuddos on that Wink His right eyes looks so cool. All the colors used in it makes it really stand out. Since he has a black... thing on the left side of his face and the background is black, I'm not sure where it goes, so maybe define that silhouette a little more. I'm not sure if the brown... mask on his face is a mask... it has an odd shape. But maybe I shouldn't know what it is XD The facial hair makes me laugh XD I would like to know where he gets his hair done... so that I could avoid that place at all cost :p

@Drosfix
I like the action in this. There's a lot of energy from the speedlines and his pose. Keep drawing Wink

@linnil
It's linnil again ^^ Very awesome lighting in this. I really like the setting in this. Kind of dark and mysterious, but we can still see with the light from the window. I would like to see more shadows in his face. Right now they are very soft and I think it would be a benefit to have some sharper edges in the shadow and light to better define his facial features. And how long is his sword? I'm just wondering if it's long enough that we should see it behind him too, unless the lack of light is hiding it.

Phew, this is a long post >.< Ending comments to the forum: Don't be so literal XD Little details like the shape of a weapon, hair color, and such can be fixed, and really some of those things don't have a absolutely right answers. But for the important stuff, we can inform the artist what they should include and such. What we can't do is make someone a better artist. Learning to draw and make a composition takes 5% talent (sometimes) and 95% practice. It's not something you can learn overnight. So critique them as artists, not dictionaries of LMS. We want them to be better at their artwork, but being a wikia of LMS won't help with that.

Oishii
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lareyn on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Hah, that above post made me lol.
Anyway.. I figured I'd troll you some more:
Spoiler:
Eventually you won't be able to remember what your Weed looked like... Muahahahahahahaaaaa
Lareyn
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Wow... Shocked

#4 is exactly how I imagined Weed:
In his own way, he's goodlooking. But he doesnt really care what he looks like, hence the long hair (and it costs Money to cut them).
I dont remember if Weed has short hair or not, but this is how I will picture Weed in my mind.

Maybe its because I read to much ID (the one by A.T. Kenny), or its because every other Korean manhwa has at least one longhaired male in the main cast^^

Kudos!

PS: Do you mind if I use him for my avatar pic?

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  evertosword on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:52 pm

@Lareyn I don't know why but I like number one and two better than the others.
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  luchianguyen on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Thank you Blique, i decided to wait it out because maybe it was just time difference and i was right. so now it's up. im looking forward to critiques and i dont mind harshes and if it's wrong because I'll either explain why i made it that way or I'll keep in it mind and it will help me imagine weed when i read the novel.

So please, feel free. Make it blunt.

luchianguyen
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Luchia
Class: Priest
Race: Aquatic elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noobarta on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:37 pm

luchianguyen wrote:Thank you Blique, i decided to wait it out because maybe it was just time difference and i was right. so now it's up. im looking forward to critiques and i dont mind harshes and if it's wrong because I'll either explain why i made it that way or I'll keep in it mind and it will help me imagine weed when i read the novel.

So please, feel free. Make it blunt.

Main things I liked were Seoyun's expression/eyes really portrays her. Other things that caught my attention were of course the title on the bottom and Lee Hyun's mischievous smile XD, so all in all i'd say you captured their attitudes extremely well! ^_^

Got one question though, how come you chose those background colors? Is it just for contrasting Seoyun's red hair or give off some kind of emotion?

And think Weed's hair color is Blonde o.o" meh who cares, so long as he's greedy/evil/pwns people it's all good ;p

btw this is unrelated but....for some reason whenever I read about Volk I think about Yorick from league of legends O_O

noobarta
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top