Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

View user profile http://oddsquad.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

First submission

Post  Demoninmysoul on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Wow! I like the first pic, and I hope there's more to come!

Because of your discussion, I remembered a manga (Sun-ken Rock) where the protagonist starts out as a total nobody, in PJs and his hair in his eyes, but once he's dressed well, and his hair is done, he becomes like a maffia boss... I imagine Weed to be just as good at "transforming". I don1t mean any fancy thing by that, only change some clothes, and a different hair style, and he becomes the character we got to know from a poor nobody, that noone recognises/sees.... (Not the shoujo or shounen style - I imagine it more down to earth, but still a bit mysterious)

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the submissions!!!
Demoninmysoul

Character sheet
Name: Ookami Shiro
Class: Bounty Hunter/Fluffy Plush Toy
Race: Dark Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest

Post  Musica on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:50 am

Okay the pic of Saeyoon came out nicely Smile but I don't understand the first pic... Weed came out okay, but what's with the randoms? A bard girl? A Gladiator? A Grim Reaper? Where did they come from? O_O
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Musica
Class: Mage (but uses a sword)
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenneth on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:18 am

Curious, does the novel ever mention weed with a headband, or is that just freedom by the illustrator?

Kenneth

Character sheet
Name: Kenneth
Class: None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:06 am

Freedom. No headbands for Weed.
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  laserface on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:03 am

@ Musica

I think the artist was showing when Weed first got offered the class and he's sweatdropping like 'This is what I did all that for?'. The others are examples of what (he) thinks would have been more valuable hidden classes.

...Or I could be completely wrong and it's just a picture of Weed with some random strangers thrown in.
laserface

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:11 am

Actually, as I see the first picture it is a scene of a busy market or center square.
You can see Weed standing in the middle, and the reason for the sweat drop is Weed's depression.
Why is he depressed? The reason is simple.
Look at the other characters, look at their armor and huge weapons. There's a guy with a f***ing scythe there!!!
Now look at Weed, do you see how noobish he looks.
Well, Weed is bothered that his strongest weapon is this small, puny and weak looking sculpting knife, and he can't help but compare himself to the other players.

Poor Weed, he should know that size doesn't matter...

Btw, Arcedemius, you should decide on a horizon line for your picture. As your drawing lacks one horizon your characters placing seems weird and out of place. Weed and harp girl have one horizon while two hand sword guy and helmet warrior have a different one. Scythe guy and bracelet girl are different from the rest as well, while cat character just seems to float there.
I like the drawing and it is clear that you put a lot of work into it, but you should check out books about perspective.

FlySly, I'm a huge fan of pencil drawing so I hope to see more from you, keep up the good work.

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  laserface on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:11 pm

@Vielfras

That's why I said I thought they were imagined up by Weed. They just seem to be there without actually being there.
laserface

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Um... is it just me or is Raem.Memiroa's Submission not loading?

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Okay guys, Weedis the type who decides on things that he can see, so he most likely didn't imagine them up. The Writer also stated that the pic was just "weed and random people". So yeah.

MOD EDIT: Rude/inappropriate content. Don't declare people's art to be "wrong"; please be more respectful to artists and their interpretations.
Spoiler:
EDIT: ooh new submission... let's see... geh.

A few problems there, dear artist. for one, that looks to epic to be Weed. XD Weed is supposed to look average at best.

Two, it doesn't really make sense... if Weed saw Foxes, he'd be thinking "moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoney-" and so on, not "Oh hey, foxed. i'm going to take out my knife and bow, get on my knees, and let these foxes jump around me as a wolf gets near my back. no problems with that, especially not when I massacurred it's kind basically everywhere I went... and even enslaved a pack of them once...(no really, he enslaves a pack of wolves) yep, no problems there." Normally I'd say those were some of the fox sculptures he made, but then again, one of them is flying, then. Razz

Three, Weed's knife is EXTREMELY fancy. like, jewel encrusted and stuff. that seems a bit plain, don't you think?

there's a bit more, but I don't want to seem like I'm ranting, so I'll stop for now.
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodside on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:33 am

oh i thought that the knife was well, a normal engraving knife that zahab had received from the (would be)queen xD. And yea i agree, weed was way less handsomer than that xD, and there should've been blood all around him imo, but what an artist creates is what an artist creates

Bloodside

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elkin on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:59 am

Well MCs kind of have to look epic in drawings, it's what draws people into reading novels. Frankly, a cover of Weed sitting and carving doesn't quite convey what the book actually is about... which is fantasy and adventure Smile

elkin
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elkin on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:37 am

Random sketch of Weed I felt like doing, though he looks a tad Western on the pic...

Spoiler:

Will put up something less sketchy at a later date.

elkin
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Demoninmysoul on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:15 am

Wow elkin!!!! I can't wait to see, what'll you come up with!!! The sketch look good to me! Not too handsome, but serious look - which we know he'll have most of the time, and his works.... but I don't know.... was he ever Indoors while working on them? I think so far he wasn't.... So maybe on the street?

All in all, I love the way you draw, so do your best for the one you're submitting!
Demoninmysoul

Character sheet
Name: Ookami Shiro
Class: Bounty Hunter/Fluffy Plush Toy
Race: Dark Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Chibi: Very nice! Weed, sculpting alone in a room diligently next to the window, despite how small the wooden cabin and table truly is, he shows no signs of uncomfortableness and masterfully sculpts true pieces of art! Magnificent!

Dark: I have to admit, this is pretty good. You captured the image of Weed's patience and skill in sculpting very well... however, the story shows that Weed sculpts all sizes of statues, yet he rarely makes small ones. Even for foxes and rabbits, he made average-size ones, since a small project has a large chance in becoming a fail piece. We all know Weed is the type who strives for the best results. However, Chibi and I will be waiting patiently until this picture is finished.
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elkin on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Oh, thanks for the info, was never quite sure what size Weed was working on. Besides, the pic was too small for me to draw him on the streets with large-ish statues ;; Glad you guys liked it!

elkin
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Question!

Post  SiguusaEcho on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Is Seoyoon's ingame eye colour explicitly stated somewhere? If so, what are the colour of her eyes? @.@

SiguusaEcho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Well, she's Korean, and I haven't met a single Kroean with any eye color other than brown or black... I'm black, but I'm guessing she has brown.
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SiguusaEcho on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Musica wrote:Well, she's Korean, and I haven't met a single Kroean with any eye color other than brown or black... I'm black, but I'm guessing she has brown.

Yep, I meant ingame, though. As her hair is red ingame >.<

I was planning brown/black, but it seemed kinda plain, so I thought to inquire here first xD

SiguusaEcho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:22 pm

Jerk. Insulting my eye color.

Okay, now seriously. It never talked about her in-game eye color, but I'm guessing red.
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SiguusaEcho on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Musica wrote:Jerk. Insulting my eye color.

Okay, now seriously. It never talked about her in-game eye color, but I'm guessing red.

Pffft you poor people with boring black and brown eyes P:

Actually, I'm asian(Some mix of Chinese and Viet or something)... Soo... ^.^; However, boring probably wasn't the right word. I meant "uncolourful" while her hair was pro red? Idk, I've only been an english speaking Canadian for 18 years xD

And yeah, for me it was between brown, red, with gold and green on the sidelines for Seoyoon's hair colour. The latter two just for contrast :<

SiguusaEcho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grisia on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:06 am

Arcedemius's Weed looks quite good, but I question the engraving knife because it seems to be very small and different in shape from some pictures that I found on Google. The handle is usually larger and the blade don't appear to curve upwards(like katanas a knives) but downwards instead. However there are some that curve upwards but have usually larger blades, but it was described as thin and sharp.
SlyFly's Seoyoon picture looks amazing, the clothes seem to match her character very well. She looks like a strong and solitary character but also very beautiful as well.
Raem.Memiroa's picture of Weed is also very good, but like Musica noted, the foxes don't belong unless they're either dead or in the process of dying. If this picture is referring to when Weed was fighting foxes with Pale's party, then the bow doesn't belong seeing that he doesn't buy that until he goes to the Lair. To further note, the dagger is indeed very fancy, and it couldn't possibly be the engraving knife as I earlier pointed out in Arcedemius's picture.
Grisia
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Grisia Crues
Class: Sun Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:56 am

Oh, btw, it's a carving knife, so the blade shouldn't be sio wavy.
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:26 am

Raem.Memiroa's drawing looks great, the coloring is very well done and the wolf looks realistic... one huge problem though...

Spoiler:
WEED LOOKS TOO ******* GENTLE!!!

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:57 pm

I already said that... -_-

By the way, both pictures of Seoyoon seems coldhearted, but the first one has the true "emotionless" feel. In the new one, it feels as if it's a bit sad... Seoyoon does not get sad...
Spoiler:
yet...
in the story.
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down