viewing CITT on mobile?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

viewing CITT on mobile?

Post  Leana on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:52 pm

how do I view cheese in the trap on mobile? (I have an iPhone 6 with Chrome) I tried your bookmark method but for some reason the images appear really blurry when translated. Also the text is not viewable either. I see both Korean and English speech bubbles on top of each other and sometimes the English text is in random places outside the designated speech bubble area.

Leana

Back to top Go down

Re: viewing CITT on mobile?

Post  Doonge on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Are you navigating m.comic.naver.com or simply comic.naver.com?

If you are navigating through m.comic.naver.com (the mobile version of naver), try to force navigation through comic.naver.com (no 'm.' before).

Tell me if it works, thanks.

Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

:(

Post  Leana on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:42 pm

I've already tried doing both of your suggestions countless times in the past. It doesn't make a difference whatsoever. The problem persists in both versions ><

Leana

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:42 am

Oh sorry then, but you should have said so ^^' (I don't remember).

I'll have a look next week but I don't have an iPhone 6 (I have a Sony something).

I recall somebody complained about the blurryness, and someone else said it worked better on the desktop version of the website (me I have no idea, since I never tried much reading cheese on mobile device).

Right now my best guess is that there some anti aliasing automatically done in the iPhone, so I need to figure out how to desactivate it.

edit:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15661339/how-do-i-fix-blurry-text-in-my-html5-canvas

I'll try that.

Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leana on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:55 am

i didn't say anything because I remembered how you posted a few months ago that releasing chapters of cheese is more important to you than fixing mobile viewing so I decided to wait ^^;;

I took screenshots of the problem. Is it possible for me to upload those screenshots directly from my cellphone onto my reply in this post so I can show you the issue?

Leana

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Once I've tried to fix the problem, and if it doesn't work at that moment, yes. Not right now, because I think I have an idea of what the problem actually is.

Feel free to post again here next week (starting 1st may), that would help me actually because that's when I come back home and maybe I'll have forgotten about it then.

Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Fri May 01, 2015 1:16 pm

I've added a fix, but I don't know if it will work (since I have no device to test it).

Could you tell me if it works? Make sure to refresh the script http://static.oddsquad.org/js/naver.reader.oss.js (you must see 1.0.8 as version).

Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leana on Tue May 05, 2015 11:10 pm

Hello!! Thank you so very much for your hard work! Smile

How do I refresh this new script bookmark through Chrome on mobile?

Leana

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Wed May 06, 2015 5:48 am

The bookmark is the same. Just access the file I linked to and hit refresh. Once you're positive the version number is 1.0.8, you can use your bookmark as usual.

If you don't "refresh" manually the file, then it will refresh itself but maybe sometimes in the future and not right away.

Another way to do that is to remove all the browser history (this will delete the cache). But it's really heavy handed.

Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

~

Post  Leana on Sun May 10, 2015 1:50 pm

I tried doing it Sad it didn't make any difference. In fact now it makes the chrome app crash.

Leana

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Mon May 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Can you try a very little chapter: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=186811&no=136
And click on the british flag (if chrome doesn't crash), and tell me what the console tells.
You don't have to write all of it (you can safely ignore the things that look like repetitions).

Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

~

Post  Leana on Mon May 11, 2015 11:37 pm

hi! This chapter translated perfectly and clearly! When I switched to pc version in order to click the flag it did not crash either. Here is what the message said:

Leana

Back to top Go down

~

Post  Leana on Mon May 11, 2015 11:42 pm

OverTooning CONSOLE close
[OverlayLoader.path] pathname:
[OverlayLoader.path] pathname: / webtoon
[OverlayLoader.path] pathname: / webtoon / (detail | list | weekday | weekdayList)
[OverlayLoader.path] pathname: / (webtoon | bestChallenge | challenge) / detail
[OverlayLoader.fetch] node not found #prev_page (0: #prev_page)
[OverlayLoader.fetch] node not found # au_pageflip / div.flip-page_container / div / div.img / img (0: #au_pageflip)
[OverlayLoader.path] Attaching observer to #btnRemoteConOnOff
[OverlayLoader.path] Attaching observer to #comic_move
[OverlayLoader.fetch] node not found # container / div / div.section_spot / div.comicinfo / div.dsc (4: div.dsc)
[OverlayLoader.fetch] node not found # container / div / div.section_spot / div.comicinfo / div.dsc / h2 / em (4: div.dsc)
[OverlayLoader.fetch] node not found #prev_page (0: #prev_page)

Leana

Back to top Go down

~

Post  Leana on Mon May 11, 2015 11:47 pm

I can't paste the rest of the code because this forum is saying that "Guests can't post external links or emails"

Leana

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Tue May 12, 2015 3:49 am

Ok,

so you confirm that the fix is working as far as blurryness is concerned. If you can tell me the values you read at one line where you see "Retina", it would help me.

The crash happens because there are a lot of big images loaded (it's a webtoon ^^). It is a memory limitation.

I modified the general behavior while browsing the mobile version (no change for the desktop), and it should fix http://oddsquad.userboard.net/t317-plzzz-help-i-really-want-to-read-cheese-in-the-trap-on-the-mobile-phone aswell.

Could you refresh again, and tell me if it improves things (current version should be 1.0.9)? (please give me the "Retina" values too).

Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

~

Post  Leana on Wed May 13, 2015 11:42 am

here's what it says: (I removed the links)

[OverlayLoader.cors] (removed link for: cheese-trap/136/01)
[OverlayLoader.canvas] Adjusting size: Width 1 - Height 1 - Retina 2
[OverlayLoader.cors] (removed link for: cheese-trap/136/02)
[OverlayLoader.cors] (removed link for cheese-trap/136/03)
[OverlayLoader.cors] (removed link for: cheese-trap/136/04)

Leana

Back to top Go down

~

Post  Leana on Wed May 13, 2015 11:48 am

also I tested this on the various chapters of CITT!

Chapter 44 and above of season 3 translates perfectly but chapters 43 and below are still very blurry and the text is disorganized/all over the place ><

Thank you for your hard work!!

Leana

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Wed May 13, 2015 1:41 pm

Chapters 42 and 43 should indeed not work for the moment, they are particular in the sense they need to have separate overlays for the mobile version (because, like the early season 1, they use unsliced gigantic images in the desktop version and sliced in the mobile). I will fix this as soon as possible it's easy.

However, chapter 41 and below should behave normally, do you confirm having problems for chapters below S3C41???

Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Thu May 14, 2015 8:31 am

I've updated the script again (just slight esthetic changes for the mobile version of the website, so it's easier to navigate, and I changed the icon, wow!), and I uploaded specific overlays for chapters 42 and 43.

Tell me if chapters 41 and earlier do not work, or if it was just 42 and 43.

Best regards.

Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:43 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top