still missing a piece of the puzzle?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

still missing a piece of the puzzle?

Post  melpal15 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Hello!

Long time reader; first time post. Most importantly - a heartfelt "thank you!" to the story writer and the OddSquad translators who bring it to us. I don't know when was the last time I've reread a story so many times, and always finding a new facet to the plot.

So, now the plot. I feel like maybe something else happened last year that we didn't see? Sul's friends mentioned that Sul passed out that last year, and it had a little picture of Euntak piggybacking a passed-out Sul. Has that story been explained yet, and I missed it?

Also, while I feel like Jung really loves Sul, I still can't understand "why"? Maybe the opener for Season 3 was supposed to explain all of that, but having witnessed Sul's emotional transformation towards Jung, I feel like I really want to see that from his side too. He obviously liked her before the end of the last semester (as shown by the test incident), but when?

I love this story because not everything is spelled out, and some threads are left for the reader to trace, but sometimes I'm frustrated for exactly the same reason (which only makes me love the story more!). Does anyone else feel that way, or does someone have a moment in the story where they feel "ah-hah, that explains Jung's intentions!". If so, please share!

And again, most importantly: thank you so much for this story!!!

melpal15

Back to top Go down

Re: still missing a piece of the puzzle?

Post  Doonge on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:29 am

WARNING SPOILERS!!!! DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINKS IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'EM
Hmmm actually there's summaries available there http://z13.invisionfree.com/CITTforums/index.php?act=idx and translations there https://sites.google.com/site/cheesetrapenglish/s3
I don't know if it explains the missing piece of the puzzle as you put it (because as you mentionned, I think it's mostly done in season 3 prologue, and I don't recall it elsewhere).

Thank you too ^^
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

spoilers are awesome!

Post  melpal on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:57 pm

I love spoilers - to be honest I've looked ahead at the Korean episodes. I didn't understand 100% of what was happening, but the author's drawings were very expressive. I got the gist. I still feel like there's at least one more story to be told about that first year together, but I think I understand Jung a bit better. I wonder if the author is trying to portray him as autistic with the social disconnect, hatred of loud sounds, and nervous habits; I don't think she was going for 'sociopath', since Jung is shown to have emotions.

Thank you so much for the links; I can wait patiently for updates now. But I'm still very excited to see the OddSquad translations, when the words and pictures go together! Laughing

Does your team still need proofreaders? Part of my job is editorial, as I perform quality assurance review for investigations and protocols. It might be too 'dry' for a drama series, though, but I'm wiling to apply if you think I can be of service.

melpal

Back to top Go down

Translations...?

Post  littlemisskheecha on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:48 am

I don't want any spoilers but those translations, are they chapter wise like a script? So I can read the Korean chapters and keep looking at the translations to understand what's going on? If that's it, then I don't think it's really a spoiler lol Also, if you already have translations of the webcomic, then all you guys need for posting chapters are typesetters and cleaners...are you short on those or something?

littlemisskheecha

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:53 am

@melpal
Sure, you can apply ^^ I'll ask Zephy or Noobz (whichever comes first) to review your application ^^

@littlemisskheecha
We have a lot of chapters translated and cleaned, and we have typesetters, but we lack proofreaders. The translations in the link are not proofread ^^
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Proofreading Application submitted

Post  melpal on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:56 pm

okay, it's submitted.

melpal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Proofreaders

Post  littlemisskheecha on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:31 pm

Proofreaders need to know a minimum level of Korean, right?

littlemisskheecha

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:28 pm

No.

When in doubt about original meaning, they discuss with the translators ^^
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jung is normal to me...

Post  nguemo on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Just a little bit of thought...

My question now is: why do you think Jung is crazy?

relly, for me I can understand and/or agreed with what he had done so far:

that AP stole his money. There no place on earth where you can steal from the rich because they are. Yet Jung let it slide. Now what? he couldn't even accept whatever he did and keep accusing Jung as if he was a poor angel. In return, Jung simply asked some 'help' like in mafia you see... so what? after all, he helped Sul, and that's helping a less capable peer so, duh.

Nam jeon, OMG. she's the bitch yet she cry and call Jung the crazy one? on that matter again, jung called on the security so, duh.

Oh young. Like jung said once, he goes along whatever people say and do to have his peace. He simply encouraged the guy to pursue a girl he thought liked him. How would he know the d*ck was a crazy d*ck? besides, all the advices he gave oh young, he applied it later, like paying stuffs to the girl you like, or join the same class. Besides when you don't like someone you effectively don't give them your real number.

And so on, even with sul.

When they first meet, she got drunk and took a dirty cigarette off the dirty groung. yeah that's gross... not to count how many time she gave him dirty glance. I mean who like to be glared at? besides, she laughed at him. I lived something like that in high school, and the two b*tch who laughed at me looked all 'Hi, there honey' when I caught them. Up until now I regret not giving them some sarcastic reply. Did I forget to mention that she sympathized with the guy who insulted him publicly?

However he still got one problem: he keep too much to himself and think he's alone in the world. The fact that he keeps everything inside is like a kind of negative fire like energy, that can explode anytime soon. That explain how he can beat like a man mad (Aka S2). All he would have gotten would have been feeling lonely and depressed for the rest of his life without sul.
Of course I understand if sul feels unease because of the past... yet she wasn't that easy or anything

All jung want his to be understood and love

Sul is a very good girl, the best fictional heroine I know with her flaws and good sides

and In ho is also interesting as second 'love interest' but he'd better look elsewhere

nguemo

Back to top Go down

RE: Jung is normal to me

Post  melpal on Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:10 pm

I liked your post. I never put it together that Jung applied his own dating advice for when he went after Sul.

While I agree that Jung's feelings towards those people are normal; his reactions are not. He's manipulative and cruel. I've had people give me dirty looks before, but I never thought I should sic a stalker on them for revenge. They're a little out of proportion to the situation. Not to mention he had other ways to react: he could have just called the cops on Huh, and brushed Nam Jeon off. Again, it's not that those people didn't have it coming, but just the methods he used to achieve his revenge leaves the impression that he is most evil of them all. I think that, because of the way his dad raised him, Jung lost the ability to show his emotions in a healthy way, and now all he knows how to do is manipulate people for his satisfaction.

But I wouldn't call him "crazy". I thought he was a sociopath in Season 1, due to some of the back stories, but I don't think that anymore. I do wonder, though, what the author is trying to point to when she shows Jung hating loud noises and his nervous tapping habits. I think she is trying to indicate that he does have some psychological disorder. I'm not an expert or anything, though; it's just a guess.

melpal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I get what you mean but...

Post  nguemo on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:11 am

at least we agree on that: he's not a 'psychopath'

That would be interesting if he did have a psychological disorder. After all even if he had who would have cared enough to send him to a shrink? they expected him to be perfect SO...

Well he's indeed mani^pulative but I suppose I would have felt put off if those victims of Jung were normal but alas they are crazy though: Nam Jeon = the crazy bitch who tried to poison someone, Huh is unrepentent despite what he did and threw all his problems on innocent sul, Oh Young is a cray stalker who have delusion like a crazy psychopath, That copy cat who was ready to dig Sul grave and so on...

the question now is if those guys never existed or were simply normal and straight-to-the point would he have done what he did? Sul hve tried to act like a normal being but what did they do? They say you have to answer a mad man by his own madness for fear they think of them as wise. Yes, I know there's probably other ways to react but did sul didn't try to calmy talk to them? the only way is probably call on the Police but alas you know how the procedure and all...

There are simply not normal enough for me to feel bad about how Jung reacted, even if manipulative.

However as he is with Sul now, if he dare to do all his manipulation on Sul, now I will have a problem with him.

What we can learn now is that, parents should not take their children for granted, and listen to them and try to communicate. I think that's what Jung missed. Like you said, and from what I can see not only Jung feels like he's anormal, he just kept trying to fit in and thus what's come normally to people like sharing or having friend appear forced to him.

One main point I see in Jung is that: he is manipulative when he meets an obstacle -whether to get along, or simply confront you- and thus not faithful to his mask of perfection.

Now my question is: is that so bad to manipulate thich-headed b*tch or d*ck? Because none of the people we saw he manipulated were in the 'normal' zone right?

Besides, the way he treated Sul and did so much for her and didn't try to do doubtful stuffs to sul's friend or his main friend (I don't know his name) do show that he doesn't come out of nowhere and manipulate people for sport and fun. If he did it, now I would have questionned him.

What I wait from him though is get his shields down with Sul for a clear relationship without secrets that might ruin everything, and I would like him to find real friends -why not sul's friend-
Sul is on the way to happiness, with good professional perspectives and if jung get in line, that would be fine.

In ho is another problem. There's this mafia boss didn't appear for now, and I would like to see if he gets back to realizing his wishes or or simply work to make a living... unlike sul and jung I don't know what to make or expect of him, so I will let Soon Kki do.

All in all, there's ├╣ore to come but the author is hard to decipher. I'm saying this because I have seen cruel authors who didn't pity the readers or their characters. Any one who read the mange Nana will know what I'm talking about because that one might have been totally able to turn Jung into a terrible psychopath and may be make him attempt killing her, or transform him a bit a make Sul die so he regret all his life or God knows what else.

I wish so hard for some HEA because last year had been hard with so much deception with some manga (OTP never coming true, killed fav character...) *sigh*

On a side note, I find it funny that while Jung is kind of socially disabled, he's been doing fine seducing Sul. Moreover, he seems to like kissing so much. I laughed all the time Sul was all over the place and he was like *come on babe* Wink

nguemo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top