I have a macbook pro, i use safari, and i have the latest update. Why doesn't it work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have a macbook pro, i use safari, and i have the latest update. Why doesn't it work?

Post  Vanessa :D on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:42 pm

Hello! I'm having trouble with the translating. When I open up the chapter I want to read and I click the link (star) in my bookmarks it just takes me to a blank white page. Am I doing something wrong? Or do I need to install something else? Please help me!

Vanessa :D

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a macbook pro, i use safari, and i have the latest update. Why doesn't it work?

Post  Doonge on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:31 pm

Hello Vanessa,

I'm assuming a macbook pro is not a tablet but a computer with a keyboard,
so, could you tell me what happens when you copy the code in the bookmark tutorial http://www.oddsquad.org/2010/01/irc.html (the code that is in the "bookmark code" box, that starts with "javascript:") and paste it in the address bar while browsing naver.

Does that also open a new page?

Also, what is the name of your bookmark? Theorically if you installed the "star", the it should have created a bookmark whose name is Naver Translate or something like that.

Thanks.

Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a macbook pro, i use safari, and i have the latest update. Why doesn't it work?

Post  Vanessa :D on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:00 pm

DUDE you have saved me, thank you so much! For months I couldn't figure out how to do it, MONTHS, I did what you told me but then the screen said i had to enable the JavaScrip Smart Search Field from the Develop menu (which I also had to enable with Google's help), still you led me in the right direction, THANK YOU. Have a beautiful day Very Happy
p.s. the name in the bookmark was the "javascript:", so I'm guessing for safari users it doesn't work to put it in the bookmarks.

Vanessa :D

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top