Oddsquad Translation Teams... for your hard work, THANK YOU!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oddsquad Translation Teams... for your hard work, THANK YOU!

Post  elvensong on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:56 pm

I just had a really hard day, but I came home and logged right into your site and saw CITT Chapter 37 (season 3) up Very Happy

It is happy dance time!

I've been waiting to see this chapter while keeping myself rather painfully silent. I dun like to push you guys since scanlating like this is a labor of love for you (and us! I love you ) but after I read Chapter 36 I've definitely been going silently nuts in anticipation. Patiently, did I mention? Every single one of you is amazing and I thank you for your work. *group hugs*

It looks like CITT is heating up with some of the author's best kind of work, and I can't wait to see what comes next. (But I am NOT pushing, nuh uh! ...all in your good time, naturally Wink )

elvensong
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Post  Evanesce on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:43 am

Thanks a lot OddSquad for your hard work and for releasing chapter 37! I hope you can keep up the same way! Thanks cheers

Evanesce

Back to top Go down

Re: Oddsquad Translation Teams... for your hard work, THANK YOU!

Post  Doonge on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:24 am

Thanks for the words ^^

Some little changes are being made to the script in order to accomodate a broader range of devices, if you notice anything please report =D
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elvensong on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:13 pm

Heh, more than just words. I only read through my desktop compy so I expect I won't be much help in reporting probbies, but if I spot anything I'll mention through whatever bug reporting system you guys have, k? Surprised

I have to say, I really enjoyed this chapter. I always thought it was In Ha who had written the Oh Young Gon texts. To be honest, they still sound waaaaaaaaaay too girly for me to associate with Jung. Am I nuts on that point? I am almost to the point where I am wondering if he's taking the blame for stuff he didn't do for some odd reason. Maybe he doesn't trust Sul to hear him out on the truth???

And how odd... in previous chapters it is clear that his phone number was the same as when he first built up his circle of collage friends, but at the beginning of summer break Jung suddenly gave Gon a new but 'false' number... and this certainly LOOKED spontaneous to me... so, what... Jung had two phones? And one of them had been purchased just for that summer??? Why, since he obviously kept the old one active too? Or was it always intended for In Ha, and he asked her to 'coach' the little twerp while Jung was out of country? Or am I wrong about it being unplanned. Eun Taek did tell Sul that Jung was not in Korea when she asked for Jung's number after Gon and Sul had that last stalking confrontation and the little creep finally got that Sul wasn't having any of his crap... no means NO, thank you very much! Jung's international trek was why she waited to ask him about Gon and his strange notions regarding her feelings until the start of school.

And why would anyone think that Jung could possibly know what Sul's feelings even were anyway? I mean, she exhibited a distant attitude towards him and he couldn't even be bothered to say 'Hi' in the bad old days. Gon hung around Jung enough to have noticed... but then, the little dude tends to live in a fantasy world anyway. Ugh, just ugh all around that issue. Jung really SHOULD have the guts to answer for a few things he did in the past. Maybe even Sul should, since she basically haunted the guy with an endless sting of greetings he didn't want just because she was feeling snotty towards him lol. I kinda like that about her though.

Anyway, really, Jung totally messed up. I get he really hated her in the beginning and was willing to do Sul some dirt, but once he started dating her, and ESPECIALLY once he left school for internship knowing s/he had enemies about the place he should have laid out for her where all the landmines are. I want to kick him in the shins and holler that I thought he was a better strategist than this! I mean, when you are on a team, which they basically are, you don't shoot your teammate in the back yourself... nor do you invite her to take a stroll through a minefield you've laid out for an enemy all on her own without a map. Sheesh, stupid much?

It's prolly the only stupid thing I've seen him do, except to dismiss and judge Sul too quickly.

I was surprised and gratified to see the artist write that Sul and Jung were both holding back from the elements of that argument that could have put their relationship on a downward track... most writers don't seem to give their characters that much credit. To forsee and avoid by main force of will rather than go into a (justifiable) meltdown and vent all their feelings all over the landscape, that is a very different course than I am used to the fictional people we know walking, you know?

And when they DO show restraint it seems to be less about wisdom and more about fear, and thus a negative trait. I don't like that. What's wrong with concidering another person's feelings? Why not step back from the edge of the cliff and let your mad steam itself off. I can't really manage a 'hot' fight... my brain shuts down and all I can think is 'How could they do this? How could they not understand?' but there IS a reason, if only personality differences and how people each have a separate and unique point of view. So, I have to cool down before I can start talking it out and see what they are thinking and reflect accurately what I felt and experienced. To me, this was a very true to life fight between people who were well connected to one another, but not in lock-step. Prolly a good thing, given Jung's dark side and Sul's explosive temper Razz

BTW, I also want to kick Jung in the shins for telling Sul to just ignore these little distractions. She is right to take it seriously... because all of this is a place that Jung is willing to go, and it likely will always be on his list of possible actions if he gets really pissed off. The guy's dark side is definitely a basic part of his nature. Harnessed correctly, though, I don't think it's such a bad thing. Compared to Sang Chul's bullying when he's pissed I'll take Jung any day.

Anyway, Sul, dismiss that stuff? Heck no!

Run for your life instead? Maybe think that one over, because she's also right to remember all the good he's done for her. Both are a part of Jung, and both are the man she has to love or leave. That is going to be true of every person on earth too... we all have our shadow selves.

In that chapter about the only thing I didn't want to kick Jung's shins over was his last line... "Then I will wait for you."

Beautiful.

elvensong
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elvensong on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:49 pm

WOOHOO! Thank you for chapter 38! You guys are the best. I love you

elvensong
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank you

Post  FIA on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:25 pm

Thanks guys for the consistent chapters! your work is totally appreciated <3

FIA

Back to top Go down

Chapter 39

Post  elvensong on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:03 pm

WOOHOOO X 2... thanks for the release, all hail Oddsquad!

elvensong
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  D.fairy on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:14 am

Thank you so much for keeping translating CITT ! I'm really thankful for your hard work Smile ! This manhwa is my favorite ∼

D.fairy

Back to top Go down

i envy you

Post  nguemo on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:39 pm

I really envy you guys who have access to those chapters from your home. Citt is just like drug and to have it... OMG!
You are wonderful too!

one question: will it ever be accessile for us one day? like in saving it in our computer? bounce

nguemo

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:26 am

By access you mean you can read our translation (you have access to the translation), but you cannot download the files?

It is already possible to download them, but it's not straightforward at all.

It is very likely it will be available for download one day, yes. There are several conditions that we expect be fullfilled at some point:

- We must have completed the serie. Once we've completed it, we do not fear anymore to have to stop the scanlation suddendly (because we've finished it ^^). It is not a very noble reason, but it is in my opinion the strongest one. Cheese in the Trap is currently the only one serie that is kinda "hard" to download (the other series that use the bookmark do not hash data like Cheese does, Kubera suffered from this at some point, but apparently they are fine now).
- LINE Webtoon must keep their webtoons.com website, and the "fans translate" service affiliated, up and running. Currently it is not perfect, but we expect them to improve quickly. At this point a potential use of their service would be better quality than our work, which renders moot the need to prevent it from being downloaded.

Best whishes, and as an addict myself that feel the compulsion to have the files, I understand your pain ^^ We need to shelve the releases before that though.
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

yes

Post  nguemo on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:28 am

yes, that's what i mean. Ican read your translations but I would have loved to actually download the CITT directly in my computer. Sure I love to help our dear Soon Kki by visiting her web and all, but I'm very far away in Africa and Ican tell you either internets sucks or money lack to get an actual quality. So having it directly with me would have helped indulge in my addiction like reading it how many times? As much as I could on free time... ahh life's a bitch sometimes.

Anyway I live now for the day they would let download being.
So you said there are manwhas on webcom naver that we can download? why is CITT locked? do they fear people still the work (I mean the owner if the site, and not Soon Kki because I already heard about her position)?

As a side note, didn't she say this was the last season? yet we are like at n°91? I really don't see the end that near because the main characters still need -especially jung and In Ho- to pull their sh*t together... that's my opinion, but what is she saying herself? confused nguemo

nguemo

Back to top Go down

Post  lolololol on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:04 am

What do you guys mean chapter 37? Chapter 42 is out...

lolololol

Back to top Go down

@ lololol

Post  elvensong on Thu May 21, 2015 3:25 pm

I put up this thread to thank Oddsquad for multiple chapters, as they are released. Razz so there are thanks and comments from older chapters within this thread.

In other news, THANK YOU ODDSQUAD! I've been quiet for a while due to health issues, but I am so grateful for your work. I've really enjoyed being able to read my favorite manwha much more quickly than the 'official' translated version.

Plus, your translations always seem to be much better than the 'official' ones. *salutes*

elvensong
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

S3 Ch. 46

Post  elvensong on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:56 am

Ooooooooooh, I've been waiting for that Min Soo to get what's coming to her. She had so much potential as a human being, but falling for the trap of trying to be someone else definitely leads to disaster. At best, you can only ever be a pale copy, at worst you lose all that's best about yourself and gain... nothing. Sad, yet deserved. I hope the humiliation teaches her something. When she stopped immitating Sul she really started to stand out on her own, and when she WAS immitating Sul in the beginning, she was rude to others, focusing only on Sul and trying to force feed poor Sul a bond that was false in execution. She lost what she might have had, and now shows herself to be very very strange and insecure. I hate to say it, and I hope she recovers, but she totally earned her downfall.

Oddsquad, THANK YOU once again. You guys are totally the best. I love you

elvensong
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

confused

Post  beelzebub on Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:38 pm

hey it's been a while that i wanted to khow .. what does the title mean ? cheese in the trap ?

beelzebub

Back to top Go down

@beelzbub

Post  clepixie on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:04 am

i always assumed that with all the mystery suspense surrounding yoo jung and his real self, poor sul who just wanted a education in the beginning has become a "mouse eating the cheese in the trap" plus with in ho as a love rival it causes drama which is even more trap-like lol at least this is what i assume

clepixie

Back to top Go down

Post  Fashilita on Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:25 am

I can never thank you guys enough for the work that you do! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Very Happy <3

Fashilita

Back to top Go down

THANKS FOR 46&47!!!

Post  Turquoise_3 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:54 am

Thankyou so much OddSquad for the new chapters! Sending lots of appreciation and love Neutral cheers

Turquoise_3

Back to top Go down

Post  SakuNaru94 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:50 am

Thank you OddSquad for your continued hard work providing translations for Cheese in the Trap. I'm so grateful to be able to read this amazing story. Smile

SakuNaru94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I know I already said this, but I just wanted to say it again....

Post  SakuNaru94 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:22 am

You guys are unbelievably fast at posting new chapter translations. Every time I come to the site to check, a new one is up! I can't imagine it's easy, what with translating, cleaning, typesetting, and setting it up so it appears over the original Naver copy. You guys go above and beyond and I am eternally grateful. <3

SakuNaru94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Quantity and quality

Post  twotoed on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:15 pm

You guys are doing it all Smile

Awesome job. Thank you!

twotoed

Back to top Go down

Post  FIA on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:58 pm

I am really grateful for your hard efforts guys and girls :p we really do appreciate your good work to bring such a wonderful series out for us <3

FIA

Back to top Go down

Chapter 54

Post  elvensong on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Oh ooh ooooooh! I've been waiting for this set of chapters. I can't want for chapter 55! (yes, I will wait, patiently... because I have no choice lol, but still bounce )  Poor In Ho... he really isn't built for studying, is he? And that nasty stalker dude, how does his brain come up with those fantasies??? Somehow he figures Sul WANTS him to stalk her, enjoys it and will reward him with her love?????????? I get that there are people out there like that, but HOW do you end up with the same batch of facts and interactions and come up with such fantastically different conclusions about them? She never once responded positively to his pursuit. Not once! He's NUTS!!! Or an alien alien (yes, I like smlies lol)

Translators, cleaners, typersetters and Proof Readers and everyone who worked on this chapter even a little bit, thankyou, I can't wait for the next chapter (obviously) and I just love CitT. You guys are stars Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

elvensong
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chapter 55

Post  elvensong on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:52 pm

Oh wow, what a great chapter! I knew it would be but I could only ever see the pictures and wonder what was happening.

Man, that evil woman who fired Sul! I mean, I hope kharma gets her good! Well, it's a fictional woman in a manwha, but you know that those people ARE out there. Loads of 'em no less.

Sick Jung on 'em all! *burns the torches and carries the pitchforks* Justice at last!

Ahem

Onto more sensible things. Thank you Oddsquad, you guys are at your best, as usual. Bless you for it and for taking the time to share the finest translation of this excelent manwha with all of us. I appreciate it no end.

I do go into the US version of CitT and put a like on it etc. so Navar knows we like it over here too, but my fav translation is yours, hands down. Even when I read back to the beginning, it's your translation I use. Soonki has picked up many views because of it Razz.

elvensong
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top