[ 2 ]
25% 25% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

The Crippled Hands of In Ho...

Post  elvensong on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:23 am

I've been thinking about the incident where In Ho's hand was crippled and his piano carreer was wrecked. (Not to mention much of his life)

I've developed a theory... I think In Ha, his sister, was so furious that he had talent and she coulnd't draw worth a darn that her jealousy led her to mess up his life in the Jung tradition of getting others to move as you wish without having it be traced back to you.

I will admit that normally she would just attack without any regard for the consequences, but she is a born leech and I am sure that she might hesitate to take the credit because it might cause Jung's father to restrict the money he might otherwise use for her support.

It is clear to me that his fellow pianist in school (don't know the guy's name, sorry) was viciously jealous, perhaps equally as jealous as In Ha was over In Ho's natural abilities.

Some points which might have shoved her into action... In Ha was seriously a jerk about her lack of talent, even though it sprung from a well intentioned place (since she couldn't do anything in the world with her drawings it was clearly in her best interest to find what she WAS good at)... Frustation at the unfairness of her brother being talented while she was not (not exactly reasonable as everyone is different, but definitely a common human reaction)... Her aunt beat her but held back with In Ha because he might eventually be someone aunty could leech off of (so MUCH like In Ha, right? lol but don't tell her I said so, she'd kill me)... and, related, In Ho might have used the piano lesson's as an escape from having to 'rescue' his sisted at times (There was one panel of art that suggested that to me).

So, what do you think? Is there a greater mystery than just Jung... guilty or innocent?

I think there is Very Happy (obviously)

elvensong
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Crippled Hands of In Ho...

Post  Doonge on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:42 am

Yeah I've also wondered if it was In Ha's doing.

It could very well be, though "letting the flow take its natural course" is something Jung seems to do (but how would he know the other kid was jealous??) in this webtoon.

Or it could be neither Jung nor In Ha.

Very interested to learn about that, I hope the author will reveal more ^^

Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

lol, very glad...

Post  elvensong on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:02 pm

I am glad I am not the only one who has been wondering. I am pretty sure the author will go deeper into that incident... but she DOES like to take her time, doesn't she?

Not that I'm complaining... just means there's more CITT coming. Very Happy

elvensong
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Your writing in the other threads is amazing btw, but I can't just say that and nothing else there bounce

One thing I'm thinking is that Jung wasn't there when In Ho got his hand broke (I saw the father crying like a chump, saying sorry and thinking it was Jung's doing, and In Ho being angry at Jung and believing it too, I think Jung did not bother showing and explaining himself). From what I remember, there was a feud going on between them at the time.
Alas, even with that in mind I'm still undecided: on one hand it's really out of the line not to show sympathy for In Ho, considering his hand was very important to his future, so one could say Jung couldn't have premedited the whole thing from cold blood, because if he had, then he would have be less hot headed once In Ho was in the hospital (I don't see what In Ho would have done to Jung to make Jung think what InHo suffers is an equal retribution), so it's like Jung just grew contempt for In Ho, and decided not to care and grow distant; on the other hand, I think In Ha would have broken In Ho's hand herself if she wanted to, not use a pawn, and if somebody is to blame then the signature looks more like Jung's.

Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank you for the compliment. :D

Post  elvensong on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:35 pm

I am hoping to become a writer of sci/fi fantasy. Mind you, it's taking a lot more time than I would have hoped due to a disability I deal with. I treat the disability matter of factly, call it my 'alternative lifestyle' to jazz it up a bit... and because that's exactly what it is. A different path than most. So I look for the good and don't seek out pity. I would be a totally different person had my circumstances been normal, and I kinda like where I've gotten to, you know?

Anyway... my various theories all have the on the one hand, yet on the other hand problems... don't they? Everyone would have to act a bit out of character. I do totally agree that In Ha is usually a straight forward... er... stilletto blade aimed at your jugular? lol.

I strongly believe that Jung isn't guilty... or at least not AS guilty as In Ho would have us believe. I can see him visibly going sour on In Ho, and those well-dressed thugs seeing it as 'permission'. I also think that, admission aside (bless you translators!) Jung prolly isn't quite as guilty as he's claiming to be. I am wondering if he just gives up too easy. I absolutely believe he 'aimed' that Gon jerk dude at her, but I dun think he was in control of how far the thing went. Surely Gon jerk (his new name) would have slanted the appearance of his behavior in text in his favor. I am looking forward to watching those elements develop.

elvensong
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Siomai on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:16 pm

A little off-topic but, when In Ho played May Be by Yiruma...damn, I swear I was swooning. I played the song while reading the part. It was so dang perfect. That guy is my fave character in CITT besides Sul. I hope he finds his way again. Author-nim, thank you for such a wonderful story and characters. ;A;

About In Ho's hands...I wouldn't be surprised if Yoo Jung was indeed behind all of it. The flashback when In Ho told Yoo Jung "what are you good at" struck a nerve to our precious psycho Yoo Jung. He might not intended to break In Ho's hands, but maybe it went out of control and got overboard like what happened to Young Gon's stalking of Sul. Hmmmmm. I want new chapters so badly. I binged read everything in 2 days.

Siomai

Back to top Go down

Post  elvensong on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:25 pm

I agree that this story has great depth and many layers. These characters are so darn human, you know? It's like people you know, living and breathing... and doing good things and less helpful things as well. SO very human, elegantly writen, Author-nim.

elvensong
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top