Cheese in the Trap

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cheese in the Trap

Post  noobzilla on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:54 am

Title: Cheese in the trap
Type: Korean WEBCOMIC~
Genre: Josei, University Life, Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance?
Category: Two faced male character, paranoid/shrewd female lead

Summary
: Hong Sul returns to uni after taking a year off to earn money. But only a year after she decides to take a leave again! This time the reason is the charismatic and rich Yoo Jung, who doesn't seem to have any flaws at all. Did he bully her? blackmail her? we still don't know. But unlike other shoujo/ josei the main male character smiling innocently and nicely will make you feel creeped out... as if he's plotting something sinister against hong sul behind that cute smile.

The title cheese in the trap - is very literal... its likely that hong sul is the mouse.... and Yoo Jung with his smiles and cuteness is the cheese in the trap~

I recommend it, but this manga is not for everyone, you have to really take the subtleties into account to enjoy the manga...

Last edited by noobzilla on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

View user profile http://oddsquad.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheese in the Trap

Post  Kiriyuu69 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:11 pm

Why did I think of Huang Miri....

I dunno...

-shoots herself-
Kiriyuu69
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Guiliastes (居)
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:33 pm

For some reason Korean manga never attracted me.. I think it might be cos all their names are so hard to read Sad

I admit that's the case for chinese names too, but since I'm chinese it doesn't matter to me. But the korean names all sound like Hyung or Kyung or BokChoy D:
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Wicked (邪靈)
Class:
Race:

View user profile http://profile.facebook.com/jnchew

Back to top Go down

Post  kes137 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:56 pm

I love Korean mangas. Though I do agree^^ the names are harder. I honestly only get some Japanese names. If I can't figure out how to say a name I will just replace the name with an American one that looks the same. If it was like Tzusuka (even though I can say that one) I would call that character Timmothy. lol Laughing
kes137
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rebwaters on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Oh indeed... sometimes it's hard to remember the Korean names... but you get used to them if you follow closely the manhwa... In Cheese's case I found Yoo Jung's name a bit funny but of course if I keep it related to the similar name of a boyband member then I can remember that Yoo Jung is actually a male.... As for Hong Sul... well I keep remembering another manhwa charac named Sul... in this case I try to remember that she's called Hong... Hong... Hong....

Talking about the topic... What can I say. Leaving aside the fantastic/supernatural side of the world of fiction, this one, Cheese in the Trap, is the first serious and plausible likable manhwa I've read. It's such a shame that the scanlators had to stop for two months until they resolve the problems between the author and them. In fact this was the first time I've heard or read of such kind of trouble just to keep the scanlation going. Of course is better to ask, but it's such a shame that the author wants them to stop...

The manwha is interesting. Me still wonders what's up with Yoo... What's with him? Why is he so interested in Hong Sul...

Signs,
Green

rebwaters
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Nan Gong Zui
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Eh oops i should say korean webcomic~ theres a difference... the art is very unique.. and its all color so meh~

Edit: Shoots Kiri for mentioing Hwang miri

Last edited by noobzilla on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHorus on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:00 pm

rebwaters wrote:In Cheese's case I found Yoo Jung's name a bit funny but of course if I keep it related to the similar name of a boyband member then I can remember that Yoo Jung is actually a male....

Even in Korea, Yoo Jung is mostly girl's name, so I was bit confused at first when I was reading it. With Mi after Yoo Jung, it actually becomes my mom's name Very Happy

BlackHorus
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: BlackHorus
Class: Luminous XD
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:03 pm

really its a girl's name? how odd... i wonder why no one makes fun of him for it
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  emanon on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:01 am

thank you for picking "cheese in the trap" up.

emanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Noofar on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:24 pm

Thanx for picking up cheese in the trap Razz

Noofar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  emanon on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:55 pm

thank you for chapter 27.

emanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Great Webtoon!

Post  Irondream on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:27 pm

I really, really, REALLY like CITT! Thanks a lot for scanlating this series! The story very interesting and has some very surprising turns. At first, I didn't like the flashbacks all that much (I usually don't, they seem to hinder the flow of the story) but the author is very skilled in not making the things that happened in the past obvious in the present. And more and more I understand why Hong Sul is a bit wary of Yoo Jung. I'm glad she's quite the smart person, although a bit unlucky at times... Which makes her likeable!

Keep up the good work!

Irondream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:40 am

noobzilla wrote:really its a girl's name? how odd... i wonder why no one makes fun of him for it

Cause he's got cash-money. What idiot makes fun of the dude buying drinks? Although I'm kind of hoping that Bak In Ho will use that low blow either later on when they face off or in some high intensity flashbacks(not that those ever happen in this series.....oh wait lol)
aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top