translations error?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

translations error?

Post  dubudubu on Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:20 pm

in season 3 chater 29 for the report page where Hong sul only writes 3 names, the first name isnt it supposed to be Kyung Hwan? the translation in that chspter says kwang hwan though.

dubudubu

Back to top Go down

Re: translations error?

Post  Doonge on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:56 am

It's noted Kyang Hwan, which match our name guidelines.
I'm gonna check if the name's consistent with previous chapters.

Thanks for the feedback, names are important ^^
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Opportunity

Post  Kallinik on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:49 am

Hey Doonge, since we are talking about mistakes here, there is a site created by a person who makes complete dialogues for the latest CitT chapters. In that person's site there's a section with some translation mistakes/misunderstandings.

Here's a link https://sites.google.com/site/cheesetrapenglish/prologue_s1_s2

I'm aware that the first 24 chapters use Yuko1909's translation (from WebtoonLive) and you can't change some stuff without her permission but you can contact her easily and ask her permission since she continues to post the latest summaries on both the forum and the WebtoonLive page.

PS. By all means, im not demanding anything from OddSquad, im just giving a suggestion since i see that you guys care a lot about the quality of your work and i find that pretty amazing!

Kallinik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:26 am

We know about that person, and in fact BlackHorus is already in contact with so they might work in tandem. It's likely we will use the scripts distributed there for all chapters BlackHorus didn't translate yet (since the quality is good).

We are very likely to fix the errors pointed there, aswell as here, but we probably won't fix much WebtoonLive's chapters, because we plan to redo them entirely (they don't do sfxes, names problems, etc...). However, redoing the 25 first chapters is very low priority: it will come last. I will also probably remove all the old warnings and advertisement (like, "do not upload this elsewhere", or "we need typesetters" stuff within the overlays).
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Great news

Post  Kallinik on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:27 am

My apologies, i wasn't aware that you guys were already in contact with that person.

Of course the newest chapters are on the top of your priorities. That's completely reasonable. I'm just very happy that these first chapters will eventually obtain the OddSquad quality that everyone appreciates.

Thank you for your reply.

Kallinik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:44 am

You don't have to apologize, we didn't make that fact public =P

Best whishes ^^
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

translation error

Post  vitalitdsop on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:46 am

translation error, I can not read the cheese in the trap S3 Chapter 59 ... can you fix it as soon as possible? please Sad Sad TT TT
please ... is there a problem? I really want to read the continuation

vitalitdsop

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top