Min Soo the imitator?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Min Soo the imitator?

Post  soysuva on Tue May 13, 2014 12:52 am

This has been disturbing me for a while now, but I have a feeling that the girl min soo from CITT is trying to imitate Hong sul in every aspect. Also feels like she's trying to replace Hong Sul which is pretty creepy. O.O

There are so many scary and mess up characters in this story, but I guess that's what makes the story interesting and unique.
soysuva

Character sheet
Name: soysuva
Class: Archer
Race: Goddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Min Soo the imitator?

Post  noobzilla on Tue May 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Doppleganger. I think she's mentally ill <.<, no sane person copies everything about another person.
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

View user profile http://oddsquad.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Swanwire on Wed May 28, 2014 8:18 pm

actually, i know many people that do this to a certain extent.  min soo has obviously taken it too far, but even i do similar stuff.  sometimes a friend will have a hobby or cheap trinket that i'll get later so we have something to talk about.  (prime example: how i was lured into the world of manga)  just reading a different book, watching a different movie, wearing a different brand makeup, buying a similar necklace, or adopting a different style of speech are benign examples of this.  a lot of quiet people like to do this, and sometimes they'll act different in front of different friends just out of habit.  it's not really about squelching your own character, it just comes out of a desire to please.  i'm just as real squealing over a bishounen as i am puzzling over a dissection in science.  i think it's quirkier w/ me tho, in a way: i adopt the language of whatever book i'm reading to a certain extent, even if it's in Shakespearean English.  

yes, sometimes people like these become smokers, gang members, druggies, etc. because of friends' influence; all i can say is pick your friends wisely and know when too much is too much.  

her motive is probably similar to mine w/ the added aspect of her admiration for sul's character (she admitted as much in a recent post ~s3 ch10-14~).  however, after that she does turn crazy, and bora is probably right to be creeped out -- she starts getting jealous of her idol and looses track of where the real sul begins and her sul ends.  the problems of popular people ...^^;  she'll probably be either our next female villain (since the other girl is out of the pic now) or another [insert spiky-haired stalker's name here] and disappear awhile after she gets trounced after a great deal of drama

Swanwire

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Thu May 29, 2014 12:52 pm

We all imitate and duplicate to some extent, but usually we do it more smartly ^^

Having cool things, and being cool.

But Min Soo is losing herself in copying, because she doesn't want to be herself.
She's losing awareness because she's too absorbed by the idea of her being a loser.

Which is why she reeks.

I wonder why Soonki went to this extent, and made Min Soo this pitiful.
Maybe because it's good to have someone to hate?
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ixis on Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:54 pm

I think Min Soo's feelings are something like she thinks Sul is cool, meaning you have to "be" Sul to be cool, and so she completely imitates her not realizing how bizarre and over the top she's taking it. Tons of people mimic others' dress and hair styles, but the way that she mimicked her completely and taken her "I want to be like Sul" idea to the extreme definitely comes off as unnerving.

I think the author likely made her like this either because she knew of such a situation or to comment on something that'll be revealed later, and could only really work with such a story line. Also, one of the main themes of this story is that there are two sides to every story, and indeed, Min Soo seemed really really creepy when she was going all single white female on Sul, but after we saw her thought process, it just seemed more like it was a misguided effort.

Ixis
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum