Chronological Guide to Scenes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chronological Guide to Scenes

Post  ambersz on Tue May 06, 2014 11:17 am

I've just started reading Cheese in the Trap. (Or rather, have read through all the translated chapters twice since I found it yesterday.)
Although I really admire the storytelling that the jumping back and forth between the past and present does, it really messes up my sense of how relationships and perceptions/prejudices are developing.
So I'm trying to build myself (and the forum) a guide to read what has been revealed so far in chronological order. Keeping in mind that I should only be reading the comic on Naver (and wouldn't even know how to read it any other way), does anyone know how to link to a particular part of the page? I'd like to link directly to the part of the page that switches from present to past or vice-versa.

ambersz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chronological Guide to Scenes

Post  Doonge on Tue May 06, 2014 12:21 pm

Link the to naver page and add at the end of the url #content_image_x

where x is a number.

for instance
#content_image_2 and #content_image_13

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=186811&no=100#content_image_2

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=186811&no=100#content_image_13
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ambersz on Tue May 06, 2014 2:12 pm

Ohhh, wow. It's such a clean, elegant solution. Thanks, Doonge!
Although it looks like I'll have to do some guess-and-check work to find the image number associated with each section...

Edit: Never mind, I figured out how to use Chrome's Developer Tools to get that.
Edit2: Also it turns out it doesn't work for the early chapters. Not sure what chapter starts to use that system yet.
Edit3: Starts on number 40 (season 1, ch. 38).

ambersz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Wed May 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Yeap ^^

Yeah first chapters were cut differently, but starting chapter 40, Naver released its mobile version, and recut the files. However, you can't access those files as easily (it's heavily javascripted).

Say if you want assistance on your thing ^^
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ambersz on Wed May 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Thanks for the offer!
I'm just starting to realize how complicated this could get. I should have separate sections for the flashbacks to last year, Jung's messed up childhood, the high school period, and some odd ones that I think are after the beginning of the 'present' of the beginning of the comic, but are flashbacks from later so shown with a black background. And some of these flashbacks are difficult to place. Did Jung overhear Sul complaining about her dad before or after the end of semester party? What about Jung asking AP Huh to throw his paper away? It clearly happened before Sul was telling her mom about her plans, but did it happen after the party because Sul was broadcasting her plan to leave, or are we missing some information and it happened before the party?
Too much to think about.

Also, this is more of a note to myself, but I'll put it here so I don't forget... I was planning to use the number in the navigation box as a sort of universal chapter number system, but it doesn't match up with the id in the URL starting http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=186811&no=96 (95 in the navigation box). I need to remember that on my paper copy of the rough timeline I used the navigation box numbers and I can't use those numbers in the URL directly after 95.

ambersz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top