Oddsquad errors in Cheese in the Trap.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oddsquad errors in Cheese in the Trap.

Post  Doonge on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:10 pm

This thread is made for you to mention errors (clean, translation...) that you noticed, so we can correct them.

I will update this post when an error is being debated, and keep a list of the changes we made and who noticed them.

We won't change ANY error though, thanks to understand.

History of changes:
2013-06-19 (MatrixM)
- S2C08 'ipsy' gibberish.

2013-05-18 (Anon1374) -chatbox-
- S2C4 clean hidden.

2013-04-24 (Alesch)
- S2C15 tense problem.
- S2C17 expression changed and note added + typo "dual" > "duel".

2013-04-23 (Ala'a)
- S2C15 That place >> This place (they're still at the place so it should be this not that)

2013-03-12 (MatrixM)
- S1C12 duplicate bug in google drive.
- S1C34 empty bubbles ('...' not typeset).
- S1C35 empty bubbles ('...' not typeset).
- S2C2 clean hidden.

Last edited by Doonge on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:52 am; edited 5 times in total
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oddsquad errors in Cheese in the Trap.

Post  MatrixM on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:23 am

Ch 34 has a couple of empty bubbles. It's a small one, not a big deal. When Bora is 'approved' Razz One during the phone call.
Ch 35 too, in the restaurant shortly after Sul walks in

MatrixM
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:26 am

Thank you tiger eyes, will fix asap ^^
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eleanorh175 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:52 pm

At the bottom of chapter 14 of series 2 I noticed a little button that said 1/2, when I clicked on it I got the rest of the chapter, which looks like it hasn't been translated. Strangely, the korean version doesn't have this, the whole chapter is on one page. Just wondering if this was intentional or not. Haven't noticed it on any other chapters, but then, I haven't been looking for it.

Eleanorh175

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:37 am

The addon uses the "korean version". If the chapter is cut in half, the addon doesn't work well, and I have to know why and when it happens.

Are you using an ipad?
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oddsquad errors in Cheese in the Trap

Post  Eleanorh175 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:57 am

Yes I am using an Ipad, maybe that's why.

Eleanorh175

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:42 am

Could you save the webpage when it happens, and send it to me (the html content)?
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alesch on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:43 am

"gets slapped in jongno..." Is that a Korean saying? if it is I understand it. But wouldn't it be a good idea to write a t/n to explain it?
If it isn't a Korean saying... I don't get it.
When assistant professor Kim is screaming "it's a dual!" is that a typo? "it's a duel!"
Ch 15 Hong Sul is thinking "But why is sunbae not coming today..." She's at her English class, so if she is thinking of Yoo Jung shouldn't it be "But why didn't sunbae come today..."
And when the guys are commenting on the girl's skirt or shorts "... I can see up it.." wouldn't it be better to say "...I can see up her..."
That's it.
to the team, thank you for ALL the work you put on this.
Doonge, thank you for the niceness and ... creative humor Surprised

Alesch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:48 am

It is spot on!
Changes committed (except the skirt sentence, apparently it's short for "I can see up her skirt", "her skirt" being changed to "it").

I changed Jongno into Bell Street, which is the litteral translation and works okay here.

Thank you for the compliment Alesch ^^
(but due to my nature, I turn paranoid when I read "... creative humor")
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alesch on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Doonge wrote:(but due to my nature, I turn paranoid when I read "... creative humor")
Nah! just messing with you. The sadistic part of me thought you might have a paranoid side and wrote that... the other side of me is doing some self-reflection.
I truly, honestly and utterly enjoy your sense of humor. (no sarcasm there)
BTW I also wrote those other anonymous posts commenting on possible mistakes. So if you guys ever need a proofreader with no experience.. ahem... I'm available.

Alesch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:09 am

Oh oh!
Well, we do need proofreaders ^^

It's up to you, you could even perform like now, proofreading after releases ^^
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ch19??

Post  rozzy on Wed May 29, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi, so happy that there's updated chapters released, i'm always looking out for them!
only, is there a chapter missing? S2 Ch19, the one uploaded is Ch18 is it not??

rozzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Wed May 29, 2013 4:58 pm

Hmm we don't really upload chapters (we use the raw chapters that naver publishes), we upload the translation ^^

There was a wrong link (chapter 19 linking to chapter 18 on naver), it was fixed thanks to you ^^
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Extra 2 of Season 2

Post  EDK on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Hello ^^,

About Eun Taek 2, 'the savior guardian' seems to be mistranslated. 'the used cardigan' may be better- because '구제' means 'second-handed' or 'used'.
It's a bit common word, but there are many people who doesn't know it.

The rest are what I found from S1 0 ~ S1 17.
Most of them are not big deal things Smile 

S1C8
There is a typo in “No, but I was talking about Jae “Woon” subae”, which is Sul’s saying during the group study.

S1C11
Above gray text
“Didn’t Nam Joo Yeon really give him the humiliation bomb?”
→  “Didn’t Nam Joo Yeon even put a poster on the wall?”

S1C15
1. When Sul and Bo Ra meet, Bo Ra’s saying:
“It because you go explaining the full story about coincidentally taking the same class as Yoo Jung Sunbae the rumors are getting stranger.”
→ “The rumors won’t get stranger anymore because Yoo Jung Sunbae explained by himself that you are coincidentally taking the same class as his.”

2. After Sang Chul glanced Jung’s watch, Jung’s saying:
“Sorry, I’ve got something else to do”
→ “Sorry, I will do assignments today”

S1C17
Bo Ra’s saying:
“To be honest although I don’t feel too good right now, don’t scorn him too much.”
→ ” To be honest everyone turned away from him whether Yoo Jung Sunbae forgived him or not.”

I’m not fluent at English, so I’m careful in translating by myself. If there is any weird one, please understand Very Happy

EDK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:51 pm

I don't think we should be editing Webtoon live's work, so we'll ask them about it, first. We'll look into the used cardigan bit. We assumed it's an in-Game Item. Kind of unlikely to have "Used Cardigan" on auction in an online game.
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

View user profile http://oddsquad.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Thank you for your input EDK ^^

As Noobzilla said before me, chapter 1-24 is delicate matter because it was done by WebtoonLive.

But your input is still useful.
It is possible we will redo chapters 1-24 once we will have catched up with the official releases. Because the sfxes have not been cleaned in 1-24, because the style is a bit different (but quite good, I personally learned from Webtoon's Live work), and because we change In Ho's name and things like that. We already talked about that, and we are positive about it.

Since it's not an urgent thing (because we prefer focus on latest chapters than 1-24), it is quite likely your remarks will be updated late though, but there's also a chance it might be commited way sooner. In 2012 Naver released different releases for chapters 1-37 (or 39? don't remember) in order to make them compatible with their mobile service (you can watch webtoon on your phone), and I'm now working (when I have free time for this) on a new version of the plugin/bookmarklet that would work with the mobile version. This implies I'll have to deal with our overlays 1-37, and I might commit your suggestions at that time.

So, either within 2 weeks, either in... well probably next year ^^'

If you give input for chapters 25+, it's easier for us to commit.

Reviewing the titles to put them in the database: typo in the title of publication 44.

Some of your changes are quite important.
Poster on the wall, Yoo Jung sunbae explaining himself the coincidence, everyone turned away from him - those are three changes involving meaning. Thank you.

edit:
reviewing the titles of the chapters, typo in publication 44. (acquaintances)
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caprice on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:40 pm

EDK wrote:Hello ^^,

About Eun Taek 2, 'the savior guardian' seems to be mistranslated. 'the used cardigan' may be better- because '구제' means 'second-handed' or 'used'.

saving room~:
S1C8
There is a typo in “No, but I was talking about Jae “Woon” subae”, which is Sul’s saying during the group study.

S1C11
Above gray text

S1C15
“It because you go explaining the full story about coincidentally taking the same class as Yoo Jung Sunbae the rumors are getting stranger.”
→ “The rumors won’t get stranger anymore because Yoo Jung Sunbae explained by himself that you are coincidentally taking the same class as his.”

S1C17
Bo Ra’s saying:
“To be honest although I don’t feel too good right now, don’t scorn him too much.”
→ ” To be honest everyone turned away from him whether Yoo Jung Sunbae forgived him or not.”
I’m not fluent at English, so I’m careful in translating by myself. If there is any weird one, please understand Very Happy

Hello! I'm Caprice, resident and relatively new Korean Proofreader for OSS ^^

Regarding your first point, 구제 is a fun word because it means 'salvation', which can refer to the heroic act of rescuing something or bringing relief, or also the act of 'salvaging' used objects which is what leads to the colloquial use of the word as 'used'.

The problem is, with Eun Taek talking like that, it's hard to tell whether he's talking about an in-game item or some online clothes auction >...>
So our translators/proofreaders decided that judging from previous context, which talks about his gaming habits, he must be talking about an in-game item and thus went with Savior's Cardigan / Salvation Cardigan / something to that respect instead to make the distinction.

As for the other translation errors, thank you for taking the time to post them for us!

However, as the others before me said, those chapters are outside of our comfort zone, in a sense, because they aren't really our releases. At the same time, they're important changes regarding the meaning of the lines, so it will be discussed, I'm sure.

Should you find any more errors of significance, please let us know!
Caprice
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: M
Class:
Race: Muse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EDK on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Caprice wrote:
EDK wrote:Hello ^^,

saving room~:
S1C8

S1C11
Above gray text

S1C15

S1C17
Bo Ra’s saying:

Hello! I'm Caprice, resident and relatively new Korean Proofreader for OSS ^^

Regarding your first point, 구제 is a fun word because it means 'salvation', which can refer to the heroic act of rescuing something or bringing relief, or also the act of 'salvaging' used objects which is what leads to the colloquial use of the word as 'used'.

The problem is, with Eun Taek talking like that, it's hard to tell whether he's talking about an in-game item or some online clothes auction >...>
So our translators/proofreaders decided that judging from previous context, which talks about his gaming habits, he must be talking about an in-game item and thus went with Savior's Cardigan / Salvation Cardigan / something to that respect instead to make the distinction.

As for the other translation errors, thank you for taking the time to post them for us!

However, as the others before me said, those chapters are outside of our comfort zone, in a sense, because they aren't really our releases. At the same time, they're important changes regarding the meaning of the lines, so it will be discussed, I'm sure.

Should you find any more errors of significance, please let us know!

Hello ^^ nice to meet you.
Actually, "구제 가디건" as an in-game item sounds a bit weird. I still think it means 'used cardigan' because Eun Taek says about different topics in each 3 pictures. I mean, even though he's talking about game in the first picture, he's talking about auction in the second picture and about Bo Ra's hair in the third picture. That's why I think used cardigan is more suitable.

Of course, I agree with you that catching up with latest chapters is important. I just let you know some errors for better understanding of our CITT Smile
Always thank you for translations so much! I'll post when I found errors after chapter 25.

EDK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:31 pm

Hiya,
You make a good point. So we'll incorporate your suggestion! Thanks for helping ;P
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

View user profile http://oddsquad.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:36 am

Copy-pasting Blique's comments

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=186811&no=35 About two thirds down, Sul thinks "What the guard was right..."

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=186811&no=35&weekday= Eighth to last frame bubble is empty

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=186811&no=77&weekday= Two thirds down, "But Hong hoobae...is one of those who are hard to meet during the holiday."

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=186811&no=89&weekday= Around the top, after In Ho ignores her, "Ah, but these day-"

Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzy on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Hey, S2 Ch.26 seems to be a bit patchy. half way down, it is in korean still, but some translations are present and out of place (bacisally way out of sync with the pictures)

rozzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:40 pm

could you provide a screenshot?
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

odd bug in chrome

Post  cloud08 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:20 am

sometime I get this strange bug when using OSS bookmark translator in Chrome
refer to this link here
the panels duplicate themselves when I use the OSS bookmark Suspect 

I'm using Chrome version 31.0.1650.63 (latest as of today)
and the latest OSS bookmark

It only happened twice so far (I forgot the chapter where it first happened)
My fix is to refresh the page (twice) until it dissappears

cloud08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:23 am

That's odd for sure^^

I don't know yet why this happens, and it's low priority since you are the first and only (for the moment) to report this, and you can fix it easily.
I keep that in memory though.

Do you think it might happen because you click twice quickly on the bookmark?
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cloud08 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:29 am

I dont think it's caused by double-clicking the bookmark
I've done it, but can't replicate the issue intentionally Suspect
Maybe it's just Chrome or my ISP playing tricks Rolling Eyes 

Anyway thanks for letting me know it's an isolated case

cloud08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top