it's In Ha
aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheese ITT latest Chapter Discussion

Post  eccentric_elephants on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Tsk tsk, reading ahead are we? That means my first assumption was correct then. But I don't think jung has any sort of connection to her other than a friend, not even that really. It appears to me that In Ha and In Ho have some connection to Jung's family (obviously). Maybe their father is friends with Jung's father. Some sort of close relationship that causes In Ho and Jung to hate each other but Jung still helps the two siblings out.
eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutcase on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:51 am

Ha! Just as I suspected.

Jung's current relationship is ambivalent with both Baks, but they were obviously closer in the past.

It is said that good judgement is the product of experience, and experience is the product of bad judgement. Jung is young. In Ha is a few years older, I guess, and she is the kind of woman that she is. Connect the dots.

Look at it from the writer's perspective too. Sul is on a path to discover the nature of past relationships with the Baks with all the interesting implications. I don't think the writer would build a set like this then go somewhere else for the actual shooting.

Nutcase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mevaris on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:24 pm

Thanks for translating this awesome webtoon! I totally fell in love with it Laughing You're the best! Keep up the good work!

Arggghh... I'm dying to read 2nd season xD

Mevaris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

They're back!

Post  Miinya on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:57 am

"Sul, it looks like you've become nocturnal..."
^ Story of my life (or any college student I know)

I was so beyond excited about the recent update, it coaxed me into making an account.
Although my finding Cheese is semi-recent, give or take a month, I've found myself incredibly hooked!
The summaries are great but seeing it first-hand and anticipating the next update is so thrilling <3

Thank you all so much for translating and bringing this fantastical webcomic to light!

Miinya

View user profile http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=5616888

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:08 pm

Thank you for your cheering, it helps ^^
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eccentric_elephants on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:40 pm

I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a manga release. I had to clamp my mouth shout from screaming for joy. Thanks to all of you beautiful people who worked on this, you will have very good karma. This was an awesome chapter, very cute. I'm too excited to say too much. Though, I hope she fixes things with Bora. Probably will though.
eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kila on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:55 am

eccentric_elephants wrote:I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a manga release. I had to clamp my mouth shout from screaming for joy. Thanks to all of you beautiful people who worked on this, you will have very good karma. This was an awesome chapter, very cute. I'm too excited to say too much. Though, I hope she fixes things with Bora. Probably will though.

Yes, thanks for the update! Y'all are wonderful people. It's awesome that y'all continue to update despite life circumstances and snarky comments from trolls. Do keep up the good work!

@Elephants: I hope she does fix the relationship. Sul wants to fix it, but she's going about the process in her usual dogged manner. That girl needs to open her eyes! Hopefully more character development for Sul is on the way~
Kila
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meiwai on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:55 pm

first of all i must say that i started reading this yesterday and i'm already addicted to it xd i really apreciate your work for translating this, really.

About the last chapter... i hope Sul makes up with Bora D= i'm sure they will make up sooner or later, but i hope it doesn't take long =/
meiwai

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sul's Home

Post  Miinya on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:39 pm

I hope Bora and Sul make up too, but I get the feeling this is their first real fight and neither really knows how to make up from a fight like this.
Kinda like the Hiitachin Twins from Ouran, only not quite as extreme. Because they love eachother though, I'm sure it will work out. x'D

I can relate a bit to the situation going on at Sul's parents.

Her father was a fairly well off business man, he has a lot of pride, and believes to have the highest authority as well as some traditional views that a woman belongs in the home while supported by the head of the household (the man) and has no business offering ideas that involve the family's direction. Skimming ahead I get the idea he ended up going along with it anyways because he couldn't find anything better but he's not enjoying any of it. His pride is still so high. Of course, no one really likes being put in a position of powerlessness...

He's a lot like my dad, haha. One thing I really love about this story is how real everyone feels, even out of the main cast.. <3

Doonge wrote:Thank you for your cheering, it helps ^^

You're very welcome! I'm just happy to be part of this great fandom now. =v=

Miinya

Back to top Go down

Post  eccentric_elephants on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:24 pm

It looks like both Sul and Bora want to fix their relationship. I love how he called them together, what a good friend! Smile Neither of them really know what to say though, but hopefully one of them will finally take the first initiative. Hopefully something good will happen about Sul's scholarship. I kinda have a feeling about whats going to happen, but we shall wait and see. Again, thanks for the releases. They brighten my day. Very Happy
eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kila on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:21 pm

I can never get enough of this webcomic. I was rereading the translated portions for the third time before CITT updated again last week.

Eun is precious. Seriously. I love him to bits. When he was staring at Bo Ra and Sul I just about lost it. That blank gaze fits him perfectly! I can't wait for more!

Go, OSS, go go go~
Kila
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank you!!

Post  Alesch on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:16 pm

I know that everyone says it, but the way OSS works with the add-on is just GENIUS... and thank you for CITT, I'm one more of the people addicted to it.
I love the way this girl's mind work and the friends are a huge plus in the stroy, not just supporting characters.
I'm pretty impatient so I've been skimming through the next chapters on naver.. and I just can't wait for ch 7 Shocked
Keep up the absolutely amazing work!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Alesch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Miinya on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:33 am

Poor In Ho, always having to deal with his sister's antics - then Jung scolds him for it, then he tries to fix it, then In Ha scolds him for it. It's a vicious cycle xD

"If it's not, then why the fuss?" Because everyone keeps making a big deal about it, maybe. Pool Sul's got her problems as well. She's becoming more drawn to Jung, despite past incidents, and she's starting to think of him more (although she's already got a lot on her mind.) Interaction is still awkward, for her part, and at that scene where she's texting a bunch of people is seemed like she had an easier time texting Bora? (which is good because it's a good indication they'll be able to make up soon.) Side note: Sul is so cute with her hair all ruffled and damp, straight out of the shower =w= <3

Au Young's speculations are pretty accurate, I think. Jung kinda went dead after Sul left, despite her being there (thinking only about Sul?)
She seems to be on the sidelines at this point (spectator) with the rest of us. His dark side seems to have left quite an impression on her.

Thank you always for the updates! My day is now made <33333

Miinya

Back to top Go down

Post  eccentric_elephants on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:43 pm

I don't know if we should be ecstatic about Sul starting to fall for Jung, or if we should scream at the screen telling her to open her eyes and walk away... I prefer the former. I love all of the supporting characters. Normally it feels like they don't exist and usually have a mini plot all on their own, but all of Sul's friends are just... Awesome. I think it's great how Ah Young recognizes that Sul and Jung might like each other. Although is it like for Jung or just something to do since he is so dang perfect and has nothing better to do with his time?

Danke Schoen! Du machst mein tag! Hope yall realize how much we appreciate these releases! Smile
eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Do I have to say thank you?

Post  onthemountains on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Thank you for uploading. and translating.
I'd like ask more, could you please oupload more?
even though ive read all the summaries from other chapters on an other forum, I thought reading in the artists style would be much more fun and id be more able to interpret the facials expressons and body movements in my own way instead of the words they use that give me wrong image of what could be totally different.

It's so much fun to read in comics instead of words thank you study
I'm sorry for asking thank you alien

Last edited by onthemountains on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : im)
onthemountains

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:46 am

Yeah we plan to upload more, 'cause we have big fan of cheese within the team.

However, we can't upload faster than work is done, sorry =(

We are lacking cleaners and typesetters willing to work on Cheese.

I'm working on solutions that would allow you and anyone willing to help (but not good with photoshop) to fasten 'uploads', but that takes time too.
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ss-ku on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:15 am

Doonge, would you mind telling me what it takes to clean and typeset Cheese? I'm assuing cleaning would be things like clearing the Korean text from the bubbles and redrawing or recolouring the image underneath, but I'd just like to make sure!

I'm quite comfortable with drawing using a graphics tablet on Photoshop. Never joined in any particular group but I'd be more than willing to contribute, if Cheese is in need of hands.
ss-ku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:01 am

Cleaning is indeed removing nearly all (I can't think of any exception right now so it's likely all) korean text, and "redrawing" what was meant to be beneath the text.
More often that not, it's just a simple background (unicolor white background being the most common : the white bubbles) and nothing to redraw. Sometimes the background is not white, and sometimes not unicolor (a gradient background). And sometimes, it may happen the background has a noise level of 1% (fill with color, then add 1% noise). That noise is what gives the "granular" feel of cheese in the trap. Please note that I'm not a professionnal at all, I never cleaned anything, it's just my little feeling.
Sometimes, there is a half-transparent bubble, and text overlap drawings so you have to redraw, and sometimes there is SFX overlapping drawings too. It doesn't happen often though, so cleaning is straightforward overall.

One thing that is important, and the two previous benevolent cleaners (Soomi, and Joyie for S2C6) didn't respect that so it's extra work for me, is the fact that we use .png transparent LAYERS that are put on top of the raw when browsing naver. We do not have the right to distribute the raw content. Soomi sent me the full image cleaned (and not just the clean layer), and I had to write a program to remove the original image (the raw), but this program is not perfect and I'll have to redo some part of the cleanings that were not well handled by my (simple) program.
In short : do not work directly on the raw, work on a layer on top of the raw, and this layer is what we need.

Typesetting is taking the work of our translators, and put it in the cleans (adjust the size, the font, etc...). It requires to have access to the translator's work, which currently is private (I'm working on giving more power to benevolent anonymous fans, but it's yet another time sink).

Thank you for your interest ss-ku Smile
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ss-ku on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:13 am

Thanks for the explanation, Doonge. Smile

No worries, I completely understand what you mean regarding the transparent .png layer. (For you to go to the extent of writing another program, you've really earned my respect!)

I'll take a shot at cleaning an earlier chapter just to see if I'm able to do it. If I upload the .psd file link here once I'm done, would you please take a look for me?
Uni exams are just around the corner, so I might get around to finishing it any time within the next couple of weeks or so.
ss-ku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:31 am

Yes, but I'd prefer if you work on a future chapter instead of an earlier one : it might be more useful.

And if that motivates you more, you can totally work on an exceptional chapter that you like very much (high suspense, high romance, high comical relief, whatever). Though you should avoid that if it's a chapter so intense that it tickles you to redraw a princess' dress to Sul, or draw flowers everywhere. I'm not serious.

Lastly, don't work on Cheese at the expense of your school work, but I guess you already know.
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHorus on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Yey! a possible new cleaner *^^* It'll be nice if you can really join us ^^ may be you already did... hmm...

About the season 2 chapter 5...
I just found out how the "understanding of scientific intercourse" is actually the *19* one not the "passionate" one. Wow... who could have imagined Jung was interested in taking such course? It's kinda weird for me to imagine Jung taking the class seriously discussing about that. I had my doubts but I guess it would be more weird to have the class about passions toward science.
And Sul was just so~ cute trying to evade the realize and trying to self mind control that Bak In Ho's pictures are just pictures of a person who just "looks" like him~ Razz so cute (>,<)

BlackHorus
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: BlackHorus
Class: Luminous XD
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  suhan on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:08 am

It sure takes a long time to scanlate and post CITT. I'd like to help too - I can clean or learn to typeset, anything to help if it becomes faster Very Happy

suhan
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ss-ku on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:29 am

Haha awesome, thanks. Smile Yeah, I'd love to join you guys too! My major uni exams are finally over so I'm ready to test-clean~ I'll have a shot at S2C7, if that's OK.

It might be just me but right-clicking's disabled on the Naver site, isn't it? Do the cleaners usually take a screenshot of the image, Doonge?

If they do, could you possibly advise me on how it's done (as in, does it need to be spliced in any specific manner) and image dimensions? Particularly regarding width in pixels; I have a terrible habit of taking liberties when screenshotting. orz

(I apologise for bombarding this thread with questions! orz)
ss-ku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:00 am

No, S2C7 has already been cleaned (by myself).

-deleted content-

Last edited by Doonge on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next