Cheese ITT latest Chapter Discussion

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cheese ITT latest Chapter Discussion

Post  BlackHorus on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:09 pm

well, that's one of the main story of CITT, isn't it? finding out Jung's true personality and the reason why he is treating Sul specially.

BlackHorus
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: BlackHorus
Class: Luminous XD
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:50 pm

yea i get that. that's why i read it. i'm really excited for the next chapter. i looked at the beginning an i think i'm going to get sad.

aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eccentric_elephants on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:05 pm

The author is very good at revealing important plot points without revealing too much. (Not sure if it's a male or female...) They reveal something about Jung's past when he meets with Sul's next door neighbor. But that information only leaves us guessing and waiting for more. I guess though when your livelihood depends on webtoons then you need to be excellent. We can keep making educated guesses but we won't really ever know until he/she reveals it. But it's still fun to hypothesize. So Jung might have been talking about Sul during the party, or he might have been talking about someone else. He never said "Sul is so rude." Or the like, Sul just assumed it was herself he was talking about. But also the time when she drops all of the papers and he just looks at her with a face of contempt. That can add to the point that he didn't really like her at first.

On a side note, has anyone ever gone to google translate and seen what they say before the chapters come out? I once did when I had nothing better to do, and it said Jung said "Your wool Eot." Don't ask me what an "Eot" is. I just thought it was funny. Maybe an Eot is something from Star Wars or Star Trek....

eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Haha. I bet it's just a really bad translation. Google translations are never right. That's why I failed Spanish. lol. I believe the author is a woman by the way. I loved her little AN at the end of chapter 46. It was funny and it really lets you into her head a bit. She didn't give anything away but i enjoyed it.

aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:12 am

Hah I do it, but only the obviously simple and important looking dialogue. To point out something, In Ho at this point looks like a pretty bad liar, the way he was avoiding Sul's eyes while feeding her bullshit about how to charm Jung, sort of makes me think that he is actually a good person... a tsundere in fact. And I also think he might have been in a position like Sul (misunderstanding Jung or having experienced Jung's evil plans)

noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

View user profile http://oddsquad.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:22 pm

oooh that's devious. You may be right. I think Jung is very vengeful. He may have grown but the incident between him and the little girl showed a really dark side. Especially how he got Jong back for hitting him on the head. I acttually wondered if that might be why Jung likes Sul because she showed that she doesn't take crap when she confronted him about what Yong Gon said.

I'm not really sure that he's truly forgiven Sul for ditching him with Ah Young either. He did seem really miffed after the earphone incident. but he's really doing work to get her back it seems.

aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eccentric_elephants on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:17 pm

You're right, Jung might still resent Sul for trying to set him up with Ah Young. Though in this latest chapter when he confronts the member of their group that hates him, he really seems menacing. More in the way he looked than in his speech, but it sure scared the guy. Jung is pretty good at looking menacing when he wants to. In Ho could have a good side to him, he did visit his sister after all, but he also seems very charismatic. I mean, he was able to convince all of those girls to give him milk to repay the guy. Although that might be because he looks good. With Sul he might just see her as someone to annoy, trying to get Jung to hate her. From the picture on her phone he probably thinks she is deeply in love with him. And to get Jung to hate her, he is trying to give her "friendly" advice.

eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:03 am

I was hoping she wouldn't explode at people like that but i guess that's just kind of her. As for Bak In Ho, I think he's more interested in the mystery of Jung liking her. Jung looks pretty happy. You know it's a real smile when the eyes crinkle at the sides and his eyes look pretty damn crinkly to me. Bak In Ho was like "Damn look at those crinkly eyes. Jung must really like this chick...Time to F things up!" lol. I'm not sure if Jung was lying in that flashback when In Ho confronted him, but his vengeful personality would make him suspect for, what I'm assuming is telling everyone that Bak In Ho is a "penniless moocher." But we don't even know if that is what happened or who done' it.

aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutcase on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:57 pm

For what it's worth, I think Jung has the capacity, the freedom from internal restrictions, to be evil. However he is too smart and too forward-thinking and not hostile enough to see that as being in his self-interest. Most people are, from his point of view, more or less like dogs. This is his default assumption about other people when he meets them. He has come around to seeing Sul as being at least the same species. Plus she is quirky and cute and female, so of course he is interested in her. And interested in how he looks reflected in her eyes.

Nutcase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  madonna11 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:58 am

I'm soo confused about Jung, but I'm hoping he's seriously interested in her. He's definitely twisted inside, so I have no idea what he's going to do next. I can actually understand some Korean, but there's so much dialogue in the next chapters. When does the next chapter come out? I just registered today so I have no idea. Thank you to Odd Squad for translating this awesome webtoon.

madonna11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:03 am

You're new so just for future reference please not the giant "DON"T ASK FOR RELEASE DATES" on the home page.
The team is doing their best and they have lives of their own. Now smile pretty and say "Thank you!"

As for Jung, (end of chapter 31, beginning of 32) he gives money to the homeless woman. Immediately following this, a group of peers come up and talk about how giving the homeless money is just a waste because they are moochers and drain on society. 1) ironic much? 2) I think this shows that Yoo Jung really does have a "warm heart."
I feel this also supports your idea of Jung seeing other people as "dogs" or at least his peers, because of the expression he wears while his classmates rag on the outcasts. Jung was doing something nice for someone and the others were complaining that he should have used the money to buy them booze. Yay college logic!

aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutcase on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:11 pm

I guess one of the more interesting questions in this story is to what degree Jung feels like being a nice guy or just thinks it's a good idea to be seen as one. Like that old saying, "sincerity is very important. If you can fake that, you've got it made." Of course it is best to have thoughts and feelings harnessed together and pulling in the same direction. We tend to think that other people aren't "nice" when they behave in selfish and inconsiderate ways. On the other hand, the thoughtlessly nice tend to get sucked dry. Thinking this through leads to "enlightened self-interest" as a viable middle ground between simple-minded selfishness and simple-minded altruism. Hard to really keep it up though if your heart isn't in it.

"Tools" might be a better metaphor than "dogs" for Jung's default view of his peers, at least flash-back Jung from the previous year. I think we see him casually using Sul to scrape off the tedious interaction with Young Gon in the Chapter 26 flashback. Later he uses her in a more conscious and devious way to scrape off unwanted attention from Joo Yeon. But maybe he is already beginning to take an actual interest in her as more than a tool...

Nutcase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:47 pm

oh wow that's mean. I go back an forth on Jung but right now, I get the vibe that he does genuinely like her but he does in fact have a "no bullshit side" that won't tolerate others shit just cause he's rich. Also, he respects integrity and hard work which Sul is made of. I sneaked a peek at the next chapter and I think it will support my feelings but I can't read Korean. I was just going off of pics. I really feel that he does like Sul. (his smile in the pic. the way he smiles when he looks at the pic. the fact that he keeps trying to touch her.) I think the interest lies in the fact that Sul is not a mindless, flatterer bimbo. She does have integrity and that poses a challenge. Jung is used to girls that throw themselves at him, it's the classy girls that don't even turn their heads that gets him going. I still believe that he has a "dark side" but i don't think he has any malicious attitudes towards Sul.

aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutcase on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:02 pm

I basically agree with you on his current attitude toward Sul. However it may not be that simple, given that he is sort of a prince, with all the family issues that might entail, and the hints that he has had to deal with some fairly serious stuff. Last year is a different matter.

While re-re-reading, I've put more attention on stuff like that strange scene at the end of Chapter 33. My guess is that Jung's interaction with Sul at the drink machine was staged for Joo Yeon. I wonder if he just came from an, "I know what you did," scene with her, given how scared she seems to be. Though it's a little bit difficult to see how she could safely and effectively "aim and fire" that homeless person at Sul in the library. Joo Yeon has proven to be dangerously reckless though. Has Jung been "giving her enough rope?" And thus putting Sul at some significant risk. But of course that was last year.

Perhaps it has all been, at least in retrospect, shallow-end-of-the-pool testing to see if Sul has adequate survival skills to keep on breathing closer to him. So far so good, sort of, but she's dangerously naive and unguarded in some ways. The D in the class makes this point too.

Nutcase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:23 am

so who do you think Jung was always on the phone with? In the first chapter Jung is on the pone and advises someone that they should eat because it is unhealthy to skip meals. Mother maybe? good friend?

and then, does Jung have any true friends? what do you think. Even the other Sunabes that chill with him may just be after his cash-monies. Does he have people who he can be his "darker self" with?

aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutcase on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:38 am

Interesting questions. My working theory is that it has at least sometimes been Bak In Ha. Who tells Jung he should marry her every single day (Chapter 37). The not skip meals advice fits with her. Not a good friend.

Earlier in the phone conversation with Bak In Ha's bro in Ch. 37, Jung talks about "going back to his position," and making a significant family-level policy decision re the Bak siblings. In general, I think it's difficult to be true friends with people that aren't true peers, and Jung has an entirely different set of peers "back in his position," and maybe a third set where he learned how to shoot. I think he's emotionally capable of friendship, but he has to be very careful, as the pool of possible friends is small, and they are possible enemies too. Seen in this light, Sul becomes even more interesting.

Nutcase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eccentric_elephants on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:00 pm

When Jung is on the phone I think he was first talking to Bak In Ho's sister. We hardly see her, but from what we see she looks like the type who loves Jung. She is also the clingy type, the type (As Bak In Ho puts it) is Jung's least favorite. That could be the reason why Jung doesn't hate Sul as much. She generally keeps her distance from him, which in turn, makes him happy. As soon as she starts clinging to him though, which isn't like her character, he will stop liking her. Back to the main point though, Bak In Ho's sister seems to really like Jung. However, he is only being nice to her for reasons that have yet to be revealed to us. I doubt that he is on the phone with Bak In Ho, he genuinely hates that guy, and I do not believe it is in his character to be nice to him. Even if he smiles pretty for everyone else.

(Sorry if it sounds like an Essay. This is what happens after finishing a 14 page essay..)

eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:42 pm

haha! i hear ya. i have a major exam inexactly 12hours but i'm trollin this site instead. I don't think it's In Ha. I bet it's someone we don't know like his Mom or Dad. The "don't skip meals" was probably a woman though. Or someone who is sick. I don;t think he would be that nice to her cause she is clingy and rude and he can tell how greedy she really is, which Jung obviously hates. Also, I still stand by my theory that Jung is secretly a mafia boss.

aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHorus on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:29 pm

The chapter you're talking about... which chapter is it? There's been lot with phone call scenes... If I know the chapter then I might be able to answer the question.

As for "true friend"... I don't think he really have any... most people surrounding him approach him because of his appearance, status, grade, popularity, or money. Like Sang Chul... he acts as if he's a best buddy of Jung but he bad mouths him from behind. Girls look at his appearance and approach him. Students from same major as Jung approach Jung to get help from him to get better grade on projects.

Seems like the only people nearby him who're not after any of that are Sul and Gong Joo. Though Gong Joo is really scared of Jung.

BlackHorus
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: BlackHorus
Class: Luminous XD
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Gong Joo is also a major d*k. It probably has to do with the fact that Jung is number one in the department. Actually I'm kind of surprised that Sul is number 2 and not Gong Joo. He's probably way more book-smart than she is.

For the phone calls, I'm thinking of chapter one where he calls her indecent primarily. There are a few other-times (other than the scene after Jung and Sul go to the movies) such as when Jung and Sul are sitting at a bench outside working on a project when Sang Chul comes up and Jung gets a phone call, also during the study group meeting Jung leaves to take a call ( I suspect he was actually lying about it being the department chair threatening to throw away Yoo Gon's stuff)
I suspect that it is usually the same person. Jung has stated (when he is on the phone with Bak In Ho and threatens to cut him and his sister off) that he has a "position" in his father's company, and the treat itself implies that he has power within that "position." I believe that he is either on the phone with his sick mother(THIS IS NOT A SPOILER< IT"S A GUESS< I HAVE NO REAL EVIDENCE TO BACK THIS STATEMENT UP) or is receiving business and administration calls relating to said "position."

aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eccentric_elephants on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:20 pm

His father is probably in a very high business position, and it would make sense that his mother is sick. Often in shoujo (though, this isn't your typical shoujo at all.), some relative will be sick, they will be mistaken for some lover and then later on the reader will find out that they're just relatives. To me, Jung does seem like a mama's boy. Wink I think everyone is right about him not liking a lot of the other people. He seems to have high standards that most people can't reach. Surprisingly enough, Sul has reached those standards though at first she didn't.

eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutcase on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Okay, while we are waiting for the next chapter, I reread and took notes on all the incidents of Jung on the phone. There is stuff about calls in chapters 4, 8, 12, 28, 29 and 37. Did I miss anything? Of these, the only calls with any significant ambiguity are in 4, 8 and 12. 8 is a complete question mark, except that he is apparently calling in response to a text message. Mom is texting him?? In 4 and 12 he seems awfully ambivalent and informal to be talking to his sick mother. I don't buy it. Maybe his mother is sick, but I see nothing that actually even hints at this possibility. Much more likely that it all ties somehow to In Ha, someone he is clearly ambivalent about, able to speak with informally and also, for reasons yet unrevealed, in frequent contact with. "Every day" in his own words. What am I missing?

Nutcase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:33 am

does anyone know what Sul's name means?

aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sugarpie on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:37 am

I don't think the author ever gave us an opportunity to know what Sul's name is. Korean names are usually made with chinese characters (With their pronounciation, and meaning), but sometimes not. (Ex. 進水, pronounced and spelt Jin-soo, 진수 in Korean, is a common name in Korea. It can have multiple meanings. The one I put up means a water moving forward.) There are lots of Chinese characters that sound the same, but look different (in Chinese, of course) so it's difficult tell.

Sugarpie
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Sugarpie
Class: Procrastinator
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eccentric_elephants on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:14 am

This might sound a little crazy so just bear with me: what if Jung is calling an older or younger sibling perhaps a sister? I know that no mentions of a sister or any kind of sibling have been made, but hey it's plausable? As mentioned beforehand doesn't seem like he is speaking to his mother or In Ha. So what if it's an unseen character? The likelihood is slim since we're already in season 2 of the story, but this author has not let that stop her from giving us multiple surprises.

eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top