Cheese ITT latest Chapter Discussion

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Type setters

Post  aijou829 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:46 pm

what exactly does being a type setter entail?
aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheese ITT latest Chapter Discussion

Post  noobzilla on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 am

Setting text onto the raw. take proofread translation, and cleaned scans (done by other people) and make a scanlation. You need a decent computer, photoshop and know how to change how text looks, ability to install fonts,
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

View user profile http://oddsquad.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

well

Post  aijou829 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:58 am

well that rules me out. my computer sucks and i don't have that program yet.
aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jung

Post  aijou829 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:43 am

I was joking before but I totally think Jung is a mafia heir. "this gun looks weird" and the ability to shoot it well. The way he talks to Bak In Ho like "how come you didn't greet my father properly when you hit our turf", he supposedly broke Bak In Ho's hand. Everyone who bothers Sul mysteriously disappears. Super sketchy. I love this story.
aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:45 am

Woah it's true! sounds like he's a mafia boss's only heir! but i assume he's good with guns due to his time in the military, or because he's just perfect at whatever he does.... except wooing Sul... for now.
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

oh sh*t

Post  aijou829 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Haha. yes, he's not good at that. or perhaps Sul is bad at being wooed. Man this last chapter though, I'm no where near 2nd in my department, but i'm doing a group project right now where i essentially did the same thing and if i got a grade like that i'd flip a table. i hope Jung offers to take her out for a drink....or uses his mafia ties to threaten the teacher into changing her grade. I love how the teacher doesn't even know her name. "Hey girl with long hair" lol.
aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

CH. 46

Post  eccentric_elephants on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Hence the reason why group projects are the worst. If you're in a group of people who hate doing work, then you better pray that you have a kind professor. Jung better be ridiculously nice to her later on. Of course, looking back at his past activities with her, it's only natural that he would try to seduce her by being a shoulder to cry on.
eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Oh that sneaky bastard. He so would. lol
I'm kind of expecting everyone in her group to blame her for the grade and say that she took over like a dictator.(she kind of had to though)

Also, i hope she doesn't blurt out that it was all her and she deserves the grade. I think the professor's comment of "no exceptions" put a cork in that but you never know.

On another unrelated topic, Isn't it rude and borderline scandalous to invade peoples personal space or touch them in most Asian cultures unless you are family or extremely close? Cause Jung is all over Sul and doesn't think anything of it.
aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eccentric_elephants on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:11 am

If I was her I would definitely ask him to change the grade! But that might tick him off even further and ruin the grade... If that's even possible. I've never been to Asia, so my opinion is probably wrong, but I don't think personal space really affects them. I know in Japan they have train pushers on subways to push people into the trains. Obviously, it doesn't bother them that much, or they're just use to it. Again, I am no authority.
What I'm wondering though is what she will do with him. Will she forever suspect him of that darker side, or eventually like him? The author is so creative to always be leaving us wondering about the future of the series.
eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHorus on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:21 am

I think it really depends... bit weird and complicated for me to explain. But in Jung's case, I think he's just doing that because he sees (or acts as if seeing) Sul as a cute hoobae without much other emotion involved. (Equivalent of head patting? Sad I don't know...) Or may be he's trying to check upon Sul's reaction and see what she thinks of him Very Happy I really don't get Jung Sad

BlackHorus
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: BlackHorus
Class: Luminous XD
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:47 am

I think Jung's trying to make Sul stop flinching every time he comes near her. He's slowly upping his game...

Increase familiarity:
First give her food> then register to the same class as her> take her to the movies in pretense of doing an assignment > give her sunbae like advice about life > help her get into english prep school with a discount. >Walk her home [kukuku I know where you live]

Initiate minor skinship:
Gets rly close during movie > Gets rly close to check if she's crying later > take off her ear phone, nonchalantly

Come to think of it he hasn't really been too touchy feely with her... yet...
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:50 am

maybe.
I believe that Jung honestly like Sul. I'm not sure if he knows that he does yet because of how he talked with Sul's neighbor. (honestly i thought it would be interesting if Jung saw Sul and her neighbor leave or go home together and get the wrong idea.) Also, Jung has verbally denied having a relationship with Sul which came off as being really naive but it may just be him covering his tracks. He knows that Sul is shy and he doesn't want to chase her off with the way rumors spread in their department.

Also, we've seen Jung's serious side from his phone conversation with Bak In Ho. I wanna see what her reaction is when she gets to see it herself.
aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eccentric_elephants on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:00 am

It's kind of like how when you give something to someone in small doses and then gradually get larger doses, they won't recognize. He's slowly getting closer to her, soon she won't be able to recognize it. How devious... hehehe... Maybe he is waiting for Sul to finally admit that she likes him, because she's been denying dating him for awhile now. And I don't think the reason he got mad at her was because she tried setting him up. Secretly I think he's jealous she went on a blind date. Wink
eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 am

eccentric_elephants wrote:Secretly I think he's jealous she went on a blind date. Wink

Definitely that, the guy is too calm about everything else. But I agree with Sul's deduction that perhaps Jung was also expecting something else from her.

Spoiler:
I'm really starting to wonder if he was just pissed because he was about to lose his favorite new toy... reference to latest raw chapter...
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:31 am

So do you then think that Jung had anything to do with the yong gong incident? I wonder if he did incite it to see what she would do.

In another attitude, Jung seemed impressed that she would confront him. She calls him on his shit but doesn't bash him like sang chul and jae woo(probably spelled that wrong) I think he respects her for that. I also think he finds her cute because of her random naive speeches about how people relate naturally to one another. I want to see what happens if she confesses he r original discomfort and wariness of him. would he be mad, upset, or explain himself?

Also, is there anyway I can help out that doesn't include Photoshop? I'd love to help out if I could.
aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:27 am

Nope, have to have photoshop, if u are worried about not being able to buy it, you can make do with the trial version.
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  eccentric_elephants on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:59 am

I think if she were to tell him that at first she didn't trust him, I could see him getting frustrated at first but then easing up. All things considered he was probably the one that wanted her not to trust him. Maybe he's checking to see how good he is at controlling people, take someone who doesn't like you, then get close so they will like you. But on the way he starts to like her.

I have photoshop cs5 and am very skilled at using it. However, time is the only issue I have. How long does it take to typeset? Never done it before, but from what I hear it's pretty simple.
eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:29 am

Interesting. Along with Noobzilla's comment of "toy" that he would be purposely manipulating her. I think he likes her:evidence=when he looks at that picture of them together+ Bak In Ho sees the pic and knows immediately that Jung is in like with Sul. i wish i was bilingual.
aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHorus on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Hmm... but then why would Jung "pretend" to not like anyone if he really does like Sul? When he talks with Joo Young (I don't remember spelling...), he said something like love is waste of time or something like that. I really thought he liked Sul at least, but that really shocked me... Plus, I think Sul denies that she and Jung are going out whenever people ask because (1) Sul honestly just respect Jung as a sunbae and (2) they are really not going out. May be they are interested in each other and/or respect each other for hard-working, being smart or whatever. But I think Sul denies going out with Jung because they really are not going out.

BlackHorus
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: BlackHorus
Class: Luminous XD
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:31 pm

What do you mean by "pretend not to like anyone" ? I'm confused.

Unrelated thought: I don't know if Jung is good or bad yet but, if Bak In Ho (who thinks Jung is bad) was good then he would sincerely help poor defenseless Sul from being with Jung. Bak In Ho is trying to break up Sul and Jung but only because he believes that Sul makes Jung happy and wants Jung to be unhappy. Now I believe that these characters are all very multidimensional so I'm sure Bak In Ho has some good traits but he is not all good because 1) he is purposely destroying the happiness of another and 2) is not keeping Sul from a "bad" man. I think this also may prove that Jung is not all bad because if he was bad and Bak In Ho was good, then Bak In Ho would make a serious effort to split them up solely to protect Sul.
aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eccentric_elephants on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:24 pm

That's not Bak In Ho's character though. He's kind of like the archetypal trickster. I don't think he would really do anything for anyone. He doesn't like Sul, hardly knows her really, so what reason does he have to help her? It is an interesting theory though. What confuses me is about the dark side Jung showed to Sul earlier. Why would he show it to her if he was just going to be nice to her later on? Did he do it on purpose to make her suspicious? Or did he just end up finding Sul interesting and stopped being rude. I guess we shall find out in later chapters.
eccentric_elephants
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:10 pm

eccentric_elephants wrote:What confuses me is about the dark side Jung showed to Sul earlier. Why would he show it to her if he was just going to be nice to her later on? Did he do it on purpose to make her suspicious? Or did he just end up finding Sul interesting and stopped being rude. I guess we shall find out in later chapters.
Remember that her first meeting with him was during the drinking party where Sul got kinda crazy and loud. He was complaining about her over the phone, so he probably disliked her from the start because of that. My guess is that he started changing his opinion of her when he realized she's actually pretty smart and observant, and uninterested in his money or status like everyone else.
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:36 pm

I would like to add (correct me if i'm wrong)that Jung never technically said which hoobe was being"indecent", he may have meant the girl that spilled the drinks cause she was overtly hitting on him or something.
aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:08 pm

aijou829 wrote:I would like to add (correct me if i'm wrong)that Jung never technically said which hoobe was being"indecent", he may have meant the girl that spilled the drinks cause she was overtly hitting on him or something.
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/1862/cheese-in-the-trap_ch4_by_webtoon-live

Jung: "They're all pretty similar."

Sul: ("I guess he's talking about us returning students?")

Jung: "Well, they're sort of indecent as well."

It's suggested that he's talking about her, or at least her and the others. And even if he isn't talking about her specifically, he seemed to be frowning when Sul was making noise and drinking. He doesn't mention it outright, but it's heavily suggested that he didn't like how she was acting.
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aijou829 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:57 pm

I still think she was being overly sensitive. He didn't really have a reason to dislike Sul and we don't really know enough about him to know where he was coming from. I still want to know why he just decided to up and talk to her for no reason.
aijou829
Reader
Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top